Canary

GM Questions

Post by Canary »

Ask your questions here.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Otomo Akutou

Re: GM Questions

Post by Otomo Akutou »

What can we do to help?

Do you know how much you are appreciated?

What is the velocity of an unladen swallow?
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Was answered in Discord, but reposting for everyone's benefit:

Returning characters from previous games that had a Daisho (or just wakizashi) in their starting gear still have those?

EDIT: Does this mean every school's starting equipment, even the new ones added for this campaign, don't get those two weapons now? It seems clans had access to them in the previous game, and Advances Schools like the Mirumoto Duelist has had a focus on the daisho since the end of the first game.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Canary

Post by Canary »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:02 am
Was answered in Discord, but reposting for everyone's benefit:

Returning characters from previous games that had a Daisho (or just wakizashi) in their starting gear still have those?

EDIT: Does this mean every school's starting equipment, even the new ones added for this campaign, don't get those two weapons now? It seems clans had access to them in the previous game, and Advances Schools like the Mirumoto Duelist has had a focus on the daisho since the end of the first game.
Yeah, that was because I wasn't really thinking all that well last game, so I should have adjusted it. People who had it before can still have them. It wouldn't be fair to take them away at this point. I may add a caveat to allow the Mirumoto Bushi specifically daisho for their techniques.

Anyone new can replace them with any two weapons.

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Togashi Satsuki

Subject: Human Character Creation
Canary wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:29 pm

Rules on what Advantages, Disadvantages, and Skills are allowed are located in this forum under their own topics. Advantages are capped at 15 points, Disadvantages are capped at 10.
Does this apply to returning characters too? :?
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:41 am
Subject: Human Character Creation
Canary wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:29 pm

Rules on what Advantages, Disadvantages, and Skills are allowed are located in this forum under their own topics. Advantages are capped at 15 points, Disadvantages are capped at 10.
Does this apply to returning characters too? :?
No.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Pure Blood Magic does not use scrolls, as they are making offerings instead of prayers. Instead, they are functionally using blood to "fast importune" them. As such, they have access to spells of any level they can cast, provided they offer the requisite blood.
Does this apply to Ishiken and Void spells as well?
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Canary

Post by Canary »

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:18 am
Pure Blood Magic does not use scrolls, as they are making offerings instead of prayers. Instead, they are functionally using blood to "fast importune" them. As such, they have access to spells of any level they can cast, provided they offer the requisite blood.
Does this apply to Ishiken and Void spells as well?
As long as they're Ishiken, yes. With the exception of any banned spells, obvs

Reiko

Post by Reiko »

Just wanted to doublecheck - are we using the rules that say Shugenja can have Kiho from the core rule sidebar (costing double the xp to buy and only using ring rather than ring/school rank to determine the kiho you can have)?
Spider Clan * Mother Spider * Reiko Daimyo * Shugenja * Prophet * Former Isawa Tribe * Fire * Blind * Well Educated * Experienced 2 * Kami Speak

Canary

Post by Canary »

Reiko wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:36 am
Just wanted to doublecheck - are we using the rules that say Shugenja can have Kiho from the core rule sidebar (costing double the xp to buy and only using ring rather than ring/school rank to determine the kiho you can have)?
Yup

Shinjo Katsumi

Post by Shinjo Katsumi »

Do the following advantages apply in some way vs. Yume-Jigoku corruption?

Jurojin's Blessing (Scorpion): The Fortune of Longevity favors you, and as a result you can expect a long and healthy life. Whenever you are rolling to resist the effects of a disease or poison, you gain a bonus of +2k0 to the total of the roll.

Touch of Tengoku: You gain a bonus of +2k0 on Earth Ring Rolls made to resist the Shadowlands Taint.
Ki-Rin Clan * Bad Cop * Fearless * Destined * Contrary * Rube
Honor: 4.5 | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0
Carries: bronze sword, unimpressive clothes; massive tetsubo more often than is polite; light armor when he anticipates trouble.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:17 am
Do the following advantages apply in some way vs. Yume-Jigoku corruption?

Jurojin's Blessing (Scorpion): The Fortune of Longevity favors you, and as a result you can expect a long and healthy life. Whenever you are rolling to resist the effects of a disease or poison, you gain a bonus of +2k0 to the total of the roll.

Touch of Tengoku: You gain a bonus of +2k0 on Earth Ring Rolls made to resist the Shadowlands Taint.
Tengoku does, Jurojin does not

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Should new characters post about their dreams yet? Or just returning ones?
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Canary

Post by Canary »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:20 am
Should new characters post about their dreams yet? Or just returning ones?
You can.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Just a little thing from me to you: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=91
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi »

What glory should new characters/ returning characters that didn't do much in part 3 have?
Status: 1, Glory: 1.0 Honor: 6.5 Shugenja, Lion Clan, Destined for great things, Idealistic.

Equipment: Sturdy Robes, Wakizashi, Yumi, Jade Finger Necklace, wakizashi,

Togashi Satsuki

For returning characters, do they get any update to their stipends?
Theme | Profile

Canary

Post by Canary »

Akodo Moshi wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:16 pm
What glory should new characters/ returning characters that didn't do much in part 3 have?
Stays the same - they're assumed to have done enough to keep 'er steady.
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:52 am
For returning characters, do they get any update to their stipends?
Returning characters get their stipend in addition to whatever they ended with last game.

Various expenditures have been assumed to come up, so they won't get the full 5 years worth.

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi »

I assume those using the same ronin schools but in different clans would have the same honor?
Status: 1, Glory: 1.0 Honor: 6.5 Shugenja, Lion Clan, Destined for great things, Idealistic.

Equipment: Sturdy Robes, Wakizashi, Yumi, Jade Finger Necklace, wakizashi,