Jiyo Sora

Day 3 Coordination meeting

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Step 1- Which timeslot shall we, the High and Might, sacrifice to the "we are not making an entire thread to go over this bullshit point by point" :lol:

Step 2- Sora's take on their situation is such that he thinks
  • Makime should be in charge of the defense at the command level
  • Wu Zhe is to be assigned to liaise with the villagers and to head up training in basic yarijutsu for those who need it.
  • He asked AKodo Kenji to liaise with Zhe, mostly to keep Makime froim death-glaring the poor Dragon into oblivion
  • Morale is crucial, and artistic sorts should be enlisted to help
  • The actual material advantages of the prep are probably not going to be THAT helpful, but will help keep people busy and not thinking about how fucked the situation is
Step 3- The basic tactical assessment he will share is summed up beginning here, when Han-Hei asks him how he'd come at them.
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:59 am
"From a different angle, a different direction. A probing strike like this draws out the defenses, gives you a feel for what they can do. Also makes the defenders touchy about the direction they've been hit from. Even if we try to maintain vigilance in all directions, the damage and bloodshed out this way will pull our attention, even though they didn't bleed us that badly. Combine the stress of worrying about the perimeter with sleep deprivation, get us jumping at our shadows and second-guessing our instincts. Try to tempt us to withdraw into a narrower, more defensible space and rob us of any freedom of maneuver, and increase tension by enforced close quarters. That's what I'd do. Let the fear work on its own for a bit while I waited to strike in a more opportune direction."
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:26 am
"Step one, keep everyone busy so they don't have time to think about how fucked they might be. I think I might suggest that Wu Zhe start training some of the locals in the basics yarijutsu. Might be Makime can turn them into something like a decent fighting force, especially if we slot enough samurai or monks into the mix to serve as unit leaders- you know, try our hand at being those inspiring figures that insane spirit-woman keeps saying we need to be. I'm sure plenty of people will say we need to work on fortifications. I say go for it- especially anyone who doesn't want to carry a spear. Let people feel like they're taking their lives back."

"Might not do as much practical good as could be hoped for, but it's important that we do something. Simply telling everyone to sit tight and wait for the Thunders to save us all is the kind of comforting lie that doesn't fool a child. Second thing- some of the samurai have horses, and might be a local has a pony. We get all the mounted warriors we can, and we keep them off of patrol and watch duty. They need to be our mobile reserve, as rested as we can make them, so that wherever the enemy hits our perimeter, we can get reinforcements into the fight in a hurry, giving other fighters on a foot a chance to get there before the line can break. And having them ready means people going about their day to day some reassurance that we've still got reserves."

"Third- no one should go anywhere outside of the village alone. No individuals to get picked off, no 'did anyone see where my brother went?' Even being told a person is dead outright is more reassurance than the worry. Raiders love getting one or two people to scream for everyone else. Fourth, same general idea, keep everyone healthy. Keep watches short so people don't get as many chances to nod off on duty. Rotate often. And try to keep spirits up- music, entertainment, whatever."

"It's a start. If we were fighting humans, I'd recommend a strong sortie, a show of force. Not sure that'll work here."
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:37 am
"Oh, the first goal is to delegate. Let Wu Zhe handle training any volunteers- he's already staying with the headwoman, safe to say he won't balk. Tell Makime we're trying to come up with some sort of fighting force and she's likely the best commander. If she doesn't come up with the cavalry reserve idea, I'll float it to her. Figure out who's best at planning and constructing defenses, and give them that pain in the ass."
He will, however, defer to Makime on any different ideas she has vis a vis the nuts and bolts of defense.
He will also be keen to find someone else to head up the morale end of things, because he doesn't see Makime, himself, or Anjing as really cut out for it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and he's going to suggest getting a shugenja or two to check out the graveyard
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Ryoshun Nao

Re: Day 3 Coordination meeting

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

The graveyard is next on my list. I may revisit the sleeping garden first, though.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Makime

Post by Makime »

Makime will not take any kind of formal leadership position without discussing it with her fellow daimyo. She will probably also give Sora an earful about suggesting her for appointments without consulting the group of daimyo present.

Having said that her basic plan is:
  • Set up 'watchtowers' along the outskirts of the village with some sort of noise maker like a horn, preferably one that is not likely to be used in any festivities so we save on confusion.
  • Fortify the headwoman's house(here after referred to as 'the manor') and get some supplies stocked in there. Build a forward wall on the down slope. When the alarm is sounded, the villagers retreat to here and get organized. Maybe leave someone to guard the stores.
  • Have the villagers divide themselves up by whatever means works best for them, but importantly pick two people per group to take count of the other members and let people up the chain know who is missing ASAP in an emergency.
  • Build and man a redoubt, or it's age appropriate equivalent up near the shrine to monitor the reverse slope and the surrounding area. This will be a samurai job because it's isolated and important. Again primarily during an emergency but depending on the view it could also double as a watchtower.
  • Fight worthy villagers will man the walls at the manor if we have to defend. Samurai will stiffen that as needed, but some group of them will be held back in reserve. Probably to cut off anything sneaking up the reverse slope. But also to take over any areas that are getting overwhelmed.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Makime wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:36 pm
Snip
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Sora’s exceptionally awesome and beautiful superior told him to boss people around.

I don’t think it will be, but if it is necessary/helpful she could be at the meeting and let the leaders know the Shiba have asked him to do his best organizing.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Makime wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:36 pm
Makime will not take any kind of formal leadership position without discussing it with her fellow daimyo.
Which we can assume we hash out via couriers if not every daimyo shows up at the same time.
She will probably also give Sora an earful about suggesting her for appointments without consulting the group of daimyo present.
And he will smile blandly and point out that leaving the matter unresolved for endless discussion served no good purpose, and since the daimyo are all co-equal in authority when it comes to the wider situation, somebody had to be put forward first. :lol:
Han-Hei wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:09 am
Sora’s exceptionally awesome and beautiful superior told him to boss people around.

I don’t think it will be, but if it is necessary/helpful she could be at the meeting and let the leaders know the Shiba have asked him to do his best organizing.
He leaves that up to Kumori, but if she's gonna play that card, he's going to be a bit bemused about why he's the one doing this high-level stuff and putting his name on it :lol:

Now, if she just sits there with her mask off, that could be kind of a fun note... "I'm here incognito and don't think myself competent to run things, but, YAY Royal Family"
Set up 'watchtowers' along the outskirts of the village with some sort of noise maker like a horn, preferably one that is not likely to be used in any festivities so we save on confusion.
Wu Zhe was thinking of modified fireworks, but if they're going to be used again in the festival, might not be the best plan.
[;ist][*]Fortify the headwoman's house(here after referred to as 'the manor') and get some supplies stocked in there. Build a forward wall on the down slope. When the alarm is sounded, the villagers retreat to here and get organized. Maybe leave someone to guard the stores.
[*]Have the villagers divide themselves up by whatever means works best for them, but importantly pick two people per group to take count of the other members and let people up the chain know who is missing ASAP in an emergency.
[*]Build and man a redoubt, or it's age appropriate equivalent up near the shrine to monitor the reverse slope and the surrounding area. This will be a samurai job because it's isolated and important. Again primarily during an emergency but depending on the view it could also double as a watchtower.
[*]Fight worthy villagers will man the walls at the manor if we have to defend. Samurai will stiffen that as needed, but some group of them will be held back in reserve. Probably to cut off anything sneaking up the reverse slope. But also to take over any areas that are getting overwhelmed.[/list]
[Imperial Seal of Approval]

Sora's big on sprinkling samurai into units to stiffen them up, but he's also fond of a reserve.

Who're we putting in charge of medical?
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

As a note, it might be that folks on reconnaissance (myself, Naraku, Goju, Satsuki, and Ai) would be a useful reserve unit.

Too, in theory, Sakkaku willing, Akutou can *really* find good spots for ambuscade (both Investigation and Stealth at 4, and bonuses for both). Honorable it ain't, but effective it might well be.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

Otaku is concerned to make sure everyone on the potential front line of defense has a finger of jade, to the greatest extent possible.

A) higher risk of corruption, B) badasses are usually scarier than normies when they break bad.

Surveying our jade supplies sounds like exactly the sort of thing one could delegate to an energetic Imperial functionary, potentially. :twisted:

I’m sure I’m not the only PC with a couple spares.
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)
Glory: 6.5 ▪ Status: 7 ▪ Honor: Exceptional ▪ Description
Steed: Tsubame (pale dapple gray with dark points)
Gear: Daisho, saddlebags, sometimes riding armor and yumi.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Otaku wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:48 am
Surveying our jade supplies sounds like exactly the sort of thing one could delegate to an energetic Imperial functionary, potentially. :twisted:

I’m sure I’m not the only PC with a couple spares.
Sora brought ten (since he didn't spend anything last game and his stipend rolled over)

So he might be able to pitch a few in :P

Carries:

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“I’m incognito and do have confidence that Sora will do a good job, YAY imperial family” —is a bit nicer.

IC: I’m fine with Han-Hei outing herself to the leadership group and lending her name to the project. She’s been encouraged to delegate and is more than happy to do that to have all the capable folks do capable things.

OOC: I never really like navigating the ‘high status’ thing and so I brought her a ronin so as not to take too much of the air in the room.

If y’all would like a Shiba in the room, rubber stamping everyone’s wishes by just being there, or helping with the unification effort, or would like to know my character’s identity for any reason, then awesome.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori

Post by Yuzuru Hoto-Hori »

An alternative is the Imperial actually sent by Shiba and Yuzuru to this thing.

Of course that means you have to put up with the Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
Imperial Envoy * Spiritual Defense Force * Chikushudo * Sakkaku

Status: 4.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Honour: Questionable . . . I claim the 5th . . . ok Untrustworthy

NPC run by a :fox: Please PM this account for interactions and not the GMs.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:13 am
An alternative is the Imperial actually sent by Shiba and Yuzuru to this thing.

Of course that means you have to put up with the Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
Picture Sora looking for a tail to stomp on :lol:

Han-Hei wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:06 am
“I’m incognito and do have confidence that Sora will do a good job, YAY imperial family” —is a bit nicer.

IC: I’m fine with Han-Hei outing herself to the leadership group and lending her name to the project. She’s been encouraged to delegate and is more than happy to do that to have all the capable folks do capable things.

OOC: I never really like navigating the ‘high status’ thing and so I brought her a ronin so as not to take too much of the air in the room.

If y’all would like a Shiba in the room, rubber stamping everyone’s wishes by just being there, or helping with the unification effort, or would like to know my character’s identity for any reason, then awesome.
Sora likes the kid, but he's also wary of trying to push her into a leadership role, given that he knows how she digs in her heels when that happens XD

IC, he figures it's her choice.

OOC, we're all here to have fun, so I'd say do what you think is fun :)

Carries:

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara would offer a hand but well...

That said, if I come up with any ways she can be useful, then maybe she'll chip in.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:15 am
Yukara would offer a hand but well...
You gave at the office :?

Although, while I can't speak for the others present, Sora is ruthless enough to use Yukara's maiming in the village's defense as an argument if any villager gives us any static about our intentions.

Carries:

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara wouldn't complain.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:33 pm
The graveyard is next on my list. I may revisit the sleeping garden first, though.
Likewise on my list. One of Tai's main spiritual things for her people has been funeral rites. So there's general interest, plus curiosity about the people here before.

So if you feel like coordinating, Tai's reasonably competent with a spear and with the kami to watch over the wee Bat while you wander out, if that's what you're planning. Not much help if you get stuck in other realms though.
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Is this meant to be the meeting, or is it happening elsewhen?

Carries:

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori

Post by Yuzuru Hoto-Hori »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:40 am
Is this meant to be the meeting, or is it happening elsewhen?
That's just a Daimyo chat, not this shindig.
Imperial Envoy * Spiritual Defense Force * Chikushudo * Sakkaku

Status: 4.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Honour: Questionable . . . I claim the 5th . . . ok Untrustworthy

NPC run by a :fox: Please PM this account for interactions and not the GMs.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Thank fuck! :lol:

Carries:

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:44 am
Thank fuck! :lol:
Sora got PTSD flashbacks for a moment there, being surrounded by a bunch of older daimyo women talking business! :lol:
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.