Otaku

OOC Jade coordination

Post by Otaku »

Taking initiative to turn one of Otaku's IC worries into OOC planning, because this is one of those things that's easier to coordinate OOC and than to do all the technical organizing IC at RP thread speed.

Are there any player characters who do not have at least one intact finger of jade to their names?

If so, Otaku has a couple extra and I believe a few other PCs do as well. If you have jade to volunteer to the collective, you can shout that out here too.

Note that I'm not asking about jade to grind up for weapons, do science experiments, etc. Or for passing out to the village (in theory we should be standing in between them and the scary stuff!). Just PCs who still need one for personal safety for now, please.
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)
Glory: 6.5 ▪ Status: 7 ▪ Honor: Exceptional ▪ Description
Steed: Tsubame (pale dapple gray with dark points)
Gear: Daisho, saddlebags, sometimes riding armor and yumi.

Sugri

Re: OOC Jade coordination

Post by Sugri »

Unsurprisingly Sugri does not have jade.
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Of note, Sora had ten when he arrived and has given two to Hiruma Naraku- meaning he essentially has seven spares left.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Otaku wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:07 am
Are there any player characters who do not have at least one intact finger of jade to their names?
Ayako does not have jade. (Probably would've been smarter to bring some, now that you mention it.)
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

Sugri wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:08 am
Unsurprisingly Sugri does not have jade.
Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:13 am
Otaku wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:07 am
Ayako does not have jade. (Probably would've been smarter to bring some, now that you mention it.)
Sugri, Ayako, I've got one each of you can have. Beyond that we can start tapping community resources (hi, Sora)

I'll put a note on the camp notice pole to give all an easy IC chain.
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

I'm kinda known for the jade I carry. Quite a bit, as a matter of fact.

Also, a well carved very large chunk, in the shape of a glove or gauntlet.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Chuchu also has crystal (she's openly wearing tons of crystal beads in her hair), and it will be interesting to see if she can purify dreamstones into either uncorrupted dreamstone OR back into jade... let me know if anyone would like any crystal. c:
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Kenji does currently have jade. Having a group pool for others to draw on isn't a bad thing though. Which is why I wish I brought more.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

I do have 2 koku worth of food for travel (things pickled, dried, or otherwise preserved, as well as tea and the likes), but Satsuki would rather put that into a communal pool for those who came here with just some travel rations and, WITH VERY GOOD REASON, are skeptical of eating the local food after what happened on Day 3.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Tai has a finger of jade, so she's good. Did not spend for extra though. The Ronin to Hida koku is not large. XD
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Of money and things costing a lot of money, Kai doesn't possess any.
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Okay, between Kyosei and Sora, sounds like the Imperials are the primary jade stockpile.

In a perfect world, we could save some back to dust up weapons, but I agree that making sure everybody has some protection is the first priority.

So far, the have-nots are-

Kaijarisuigyo
Sugri (Otaku has offered a finger of jade here)
Yoshitsune Ayako (ibid, this exhausts Otaku's spares, I believe.)

Sora still has 7 to spare while carrying one himself.
Kyosei' exact tally is a mite unclear.

So far, so good.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

Asked GMs for clarification on how much I would have.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Why would anyone have jade? It's a rare material, and it's not like it was suggested for character creation. Nor implied to be suggested in the invite. Nor did Shinsei ask people if they had any when he briefed everyone.
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:47 pm
Why would anyone have jade? It's a rare material, and it's not like it was suggested for character creation. Nor implied to be suggested in the invite. Nor did Shinsei ask people if they had any when he briefed everyone.
If this means that Ohta needs a piece, then just let me know.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

I have 1 extra (that Sora gave me) that I wouldn't mind sharing. Our souls are more important.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Otaku wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:57 pm
If this means that Ohta needs a piece, then just let me know.
If it would be suggested to her IC, yes please.
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

As per the GMs, I have 2 fingers, and the carved Jade gauntlet. So, one other for sure, and one really large piece.

Also a few pieces of Obsidian, but less useful in geeneral.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Group pool of nine spares, then, with one outstanding request.

Carries:

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

I am waiting for my public note to get officially posted in Weather, but in the interim, I'll put it here:
The hard green or white precious stone called jade helps protect one's spirit against the corruption of Jigoku in all its forms. All martial defenders of this camp should carry a piece of this stone on their bodies at all times.

If you do not own a piece of jade, seek out Otaku and one will be entrusted to you.

((OOC coordination here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=727 ))
Sora, you seem to have the most extra to spare. Do you mind handing one to Kaijarisuigyo and one to Ohta?

(pinging the relevant folks below)
Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:19 am
Reiko Ohta wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:37 pm
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:35 am

I will make a note in my PF to deliver those two of mine to Ayako and Sugri, meanwhile.