Jiyo Sora

Nebulous Group Meal Party Planning

Post by Jiyo Sora »

So, in various fits and starts, Sora has been ginning up a "let's feed them like they (tried to) feed us event.

No GM has shot the idea down out of hand, meaning that presumably we'll be able to put something on. Tentative plan is for mid-evening on Day 5.

Anyone interested who hasn't already been looped in, feel free to tag up.

Sora is a dogshit cook and will likely be fobbing culinary duties off on Wu Zhe.

For the venue, the camp seems unlikely- currently thinking either al fresco by the river, out in the farm fields, or asking the Crab camp to host :lol:

This is meant to be part of Operation Hearts and Minds, but also as something to DO while we deal with the fallout of Shinsei's... episode.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Otaku

Re: Nebulous Group Meal Party Planning

Post by Otaku »

Not to be a party pooper, but logistically speaking I'm really curious where the supplies for this are coming from, at the end of winter in a village where nobody can get out of town to bring in provisions. :?
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)
Glory: 6.5 ▪ Status: 7 ▪ Honor: Exceptional ▪ Description
Steed: Tsubame (pale dapple gray with dark points)
Gear: Daisho, saddlebags, sometimes riding armor and yumi.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

I can try to hunt some if word can reach me on D4.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:17 am
So, in various fits and starts, Sora has been ginning up a "let's feed them like they (tried to) feed us event.
Soooo... poison?

I suppose it's fitting for Willow :P

But, yeah, being serious Sugri has nothing to add to the pot.
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Otaku wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:20 am
Not to be a party pooper, but logistically speaking I'm really curious where the supplies for this are coming from, at the end of winter in a village where nobody can get out of town to bring in provisions. :?
Again, idea wasn't shot down, so...

Probably just a bit of rice and/or barley. :? Some dried food, and otherwise underwhelming.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Sugri wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:24 am
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Soooo... poison?

Naraku can help with the poison!
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:30 am
Sugri wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:24 am
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Soooo... poison?

Nakaru can help with the poison!
We put him in the pot, serve Long Naraku, everyone dies, DAY OF THUNDER AVERTED!

Carries:

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:30 am
Otaku wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:20 am
Again, idea wasn't shot down, so...

Probably just a bit of rice and/or barley. :? Some dried food, and otherwise underwhelming.
So we're just feeding them their own supplies they were going to eat anyway, but we do the cooking?

I guess as long as we don't stick them with the dishes it's not the worst deal ever. :?
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Otaku wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:32 am
So we're just feeding them their own supplies they were going to eat anyway, but we do the cooking?
Wasn't the assumption I was going with- we've had people eating in camp, knocking back booze, and serving up cheese, so presumably we brought more than just a sack lunch apiece

Carries:

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Seriously, somebody leave me a damned note sometime on D4, and I'll see if I can't kill something worth eating while I'm out.

That, or find where some criminal fuck has squirreled away supplies as oughtn't've.
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:36 am
Seriously, somebody leave me a damned note sometime on D4, and I'll see if I can't kill something worth eating while I'm out.

That, or find where some criminal fuck has squirreled away supplies as oughtn't've.
Sora has, in my PF, a note meant to go up before Late Evening.

Time shenanigans with the day's threads mean I can't realistically put it up earlier without hopping into a TARDIS

Carries:

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

I'll try to ask the right questions in my patrol and scurrilous threads, then.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:38 am
I'll try to ask the right questions in my patrol and scurrilous threads, then.
Could always go hunting in the morning- small enough game could be dressed out in time to be cooked by mid-evening.

Carries:

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:34 am
Otaku wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:32 am
Wasn't the assumption I was going with- we've had people eating in camp, knocking back booze, and serving up cheese, so presumably we brought more than just a sack lunch apiece
That's between people and their traveling packs, I thought? I've got the "week's rations" item in mine for example. I'd assumed other people did the same for whatever supplies they've been using. Everyone came individually so it's not like we arrived with an imperial supply caravan (unless the Imperial party did, off-screen? XD).

I truly can't speak to the cheese. That's beyond my ken. ;)

Late winter/early spring is famously not an awesome time for game hunting, but that might at least be something we could contribute that's not coming right out of local stores.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Otaku wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:42 am
Everyone came individually
Not the Craaaaaaaaaab! :lol:

Carries:

Makime

Post by Makime »

Makime is going to need some headache medicine before the end of this. Needless to say she will refuse to participate.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Makime wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:44 am
Makime is going to need some headache medicine before the end of this. Needless to say she will refuse to participate.
Naturally, and even Sora's not going to propose holding it in the camp, because that's not a screaming match either of them needs.

Carries:

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

If there is actually a shortage on the food side Sugri could be convinced to hunt as well. He still won't eat meat (and, honestly, is unlikely to recommend food taken from that forest or river....) but is willing to provide for others in need.
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Sugri wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:49 am
If there is actually a shortage on the food side Sugri could be convinced to hunt as well. He still won't eat meat (and, honestly, is unlikely to recommend food taken from that forest or river....) but is willing to provide for others in need.
This. So much this. (also wondering how much game is available if it's winter/early early spring)

... Can we get Naraku to drug them in return? Turn-about is fair play? :P
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

I got three weeks worth of rations on me and spices

I brought three cows with rations for the village when I arrived as well but they are under the care of the villagers. Might convince them to milk them, however.

no poison
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade