Chuchu

Name Thread

Post by Chuchu »

Post your Name ideas for your PC here or if you're looking for help.

Chuchu's gonna find out as many PC Names as possible bc that way she can heal/purify your character as needed, so having one prepped ahead of time will be helpful. ^^
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Jiyo Sora

Re: Name Thread

Post by Jiyo Sora »

We have, after what feels like a real-life week of agonizing, settled on Chasing Tomorrow for Sora.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Posting here so you don't have to go through PM's to find it.

"Shadow Reaching for the Sea"
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Looking for help since I'm bad with Rat-Rat names. :D

Satsuki's name is written 咲月, which translates to something like "gossamer + moon". She is strongly linked to moon spiritually as well as the Heavens. And of course fire. Lots of fire.

So something like Burning Bright, or some such maybe? Again I'm bad at Ratling names. ^^;
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

I think I would be more interesting in what other people thought Yukara should be, rather than just declaring one outright. Folks could PM if they had any ideas.

Mine are all too colored by her D4, so I'd have to think about it more.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

Kyosei would be something like 'Seeking Stone', or 'Savouring Stone'.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:54 am

Satsuki's name is written 咲月, which translates to something like "gossamer + moon". She is strongly linked to moon spiritually as well as the Heavens. And of course fire. Lots of fire.

So something like Burning Bright, or some such maybe? Again I'm bad at Ratling names. ^^;
pfft, just go with Moon Moon. ;p
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:03 am
Mine are all too colored by her D4, so I'd have to think about it more.
Lonely Wing.

Too soon?

Jokes aside, I think it kindda fits, based on her chat with Sora by the river, and there's always the fact that Names can change.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Reminds me what is a Name with a capital N in that context? The classic mythological True Name?
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sort of...

A Nezumi Name is kind of Who You Really Are.

Carries:

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Well, in my case, one half of it is set in stone, but the second half is still pending, leaving me with roughly several hundreds of options still:
https://japanese-names.info/first-names ... %E8%99%8E/
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

I think Yukara's got the right idea. As did Sora in putting out his avowedly egomaniacal question.

I shall follow in the footsteps of greatness.

What all d' y'all think f'r Akutou?
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:20 pm
I think Yukara's got the right idea. As did Sora in putting out his avowedly egomaniacal question.

I shall follow in the footsteps of greatness.

What all d' y'all think f'r Akutou?
Ocean lover, I kid I kid.

How about Stalks the Shadow?

I need to find one for Naraku, apparently Chuchu said his name is weird as it is two names that got reunited, so if any of you smarter people have inspiration I'm open!
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

I would say "Grasping Mind" for Reo, for a nice double meaning
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Bull Heart will do fine for me :D

The Big Cheese or The Cheeselord are close second
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Kaiu Tai wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:45 am
Togashi Satsuki wrote:

YES
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:23 pm
Kaiu Tai wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:45 am
Togashi Satsuki wrote:

YES
Moon moon, disco inferno
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

I'm not so sure for Shang to be honest!
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Saru Shang wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:43 pm
I'm not so sure for Shang to be honest!
Part of me wants to say Wandering Star. Mostly 'cause it's poetic.

Carries:

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:39 pm
How about Stalks the Shadow?
More like Stumbles in Shadows, given my dice.
I need to find one for Naraku, apparently Chuchu said his name is weird as it is two names that got reunited, so if any of you smarter people have inspiration I'm open!
Sweetening Bitter Flower?
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it