Ryoshun Nao

Aya What Now? (Nao's Dream)

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Nao fell asleep quickly. Her last conscious feeling was relief that she might get some rest.

She next found herself in the farmlands where she had first emerged from the mists and found the others traveling to the village. No one else was here, however. Nothing surrounded her except for the mist.

No, that wasn't quite true. She knew there was more. She knew she was dreaming.

She sat down and began to meditate. It was her dream, afterall. If she could center herself and focus her mind, she should be able to understand what she had surrounded herself with, and what may lie beyond.

- - -
Aya What Now?, Meditation/Void, 2 CR, VP for +1k1 | 8k5 ⇒ 32 (TN: 30)
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Bakuriel

Re: Aya What Now? (Nao's Dream)

Post by Bakuriel »

As with all meditation, after a few moments of focus, the world started to fall away. No more farmland, no more mist, only the current moment in time, the here and now...the here and Nao.

And all that annoying chattering in the background. Nothing was visible, the state of the world hadn't seemed to change at all, mist and void still prevailing upon her senses, but when she focused she could...hear something. Something like a conversation? Voices in the distance, talking indistinctly but excitedly, speaking of things she couldn't quite hear just yet, but too consistent to be any kind of illusion.
AGM | Birb | Chonky | Floooooofy | Sub-Contractor of Horror | Experienced?

I charge by the anxiety attack.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

It was disorienting, but she was focused. She knew herself and she could feel her surroundings through her connections to Yume Do. She willed herself towards the voices.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder

Accompanied By| San

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel »

Slowly, ever so slowly, the voices started to settle into clarity. There were quite a few, all seemingly talking over each other, but quiet enough that a few distinct voices could be heard conversing.

"Dude, this one smells vile. Come over here and check it out!"

"I'm pretty sure I can smell it from over here. What's it taste like?"

"Hmm...kind of like anxiety over being naked and an incomprehensible fear of bees?"

"Nah man, can't do it. Anxiety gives me gas. I think there's some depression over here though."

"Ooh, lemme get at that!"

The voices seemed to move around in conjunction with their statements, though the exact nature of what they were referring to was quite strange.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Feeding on emotion. On fear. Depression. Envy, perhaps. Was it just the negative ones? Did they have a taste for joy or love? Would those offer protection?

She shifted her focus in search of anything more positive.

Accompanied By| San

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel »

A new voice seems to come closer, as if walking out of the din of conversation off in the distance.

"Huh, what's that smell?" A soft snuffling sound is heard, slowly growing closer to Nao. "Mm? Trying to focus on positive thoughts, worried about bad things...anxiety, fading into the background, forgotten by history. Hm, interesting~"

The next sound is similar to someone inhaling deeply, and suddenly Nao's concerns and worries seem to vanish into thin air. The dreamscape dissolves from the misty farmland into something far more pleasant, and Nao finds herself suddenly having a very peaceful and restful night from there on out.

The last thing she remembers before the dream changes is a low, rumbling belch right beside her ear.

--------

Nao's dream has ended quite peacefully, enough that she will actually regain the Void Point used for the dream roll.