Canary

Lucid Dreaming Master Post

Post by Canary »

After days of disturbing events as you attempt sleep, you're finally starting to get a feel for the nightmare. Its horrifying dream logic is slowly becoming comprehensible to you, and you're not sure what that says about the state of your sanity at this point. If you're stuck here and you can't leave... The only thing left to do is take control.

Participation: Vital

Rules: This is a noncombat thread. Magic is not allowed (because you are asleep). Please make a separate thread for each person and detail your dreams and how you take control... if you do.

Rolls:
The Will Shapes the Dream: Yume-Jigoku is obsessed with humans and human potential. If it thinks it will see more of it, it will allow you to take control of your dreams. Show it the strength of your will and it will give in. Command it. Roll Willpower/Any Social Skill or Battle, TN 25. Success allows the character to move on to The Dream Shapes the Form, and each successful raise grants a Free Raise to The Form Shapes the Will. Failure results in the character being lost in nightmares, and will suffer from the effects of Cursed by the Realm: Yume-do for the remainder of the game.

The Dream Shapes the Form: Nothing is set in a dream - you can change yourself and your environment however you wish to create a favorable outcome. To take control of your destiny, in the dream and Ningen-do. Roll Awareness/Any Artisan or Perform Skill or Intelligence/Any Lore Skill TN 25 to guide the formation of the dream. A Success here adds a Free Raise to The Form Shapes the World, plus an additional Free Raise for each Called or Free Raise made. Failure means you do not get this bonus, but may move on to The Form Shapes the World.

The Form Shapes the World: With you in full control, you can now attempt to break free of the dream. All you need to do is wake up. You may make any roll to break free of the dream that makes sense with the form you chose in The Dream Shapes the Form. It may be an attack roll, Void/Meditation, or even Agility/Sailing if you shaped a ship for yourself to give a few examples. The TN is 40. Success allows you to escape the dream and gain the Lucid Dreaming Advantage for 0 xp. Failure results in the character being lost in nightmares, and will suffer from the effects of Cursed by the Realm: Yume-do for the remainder of the game.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Canary

Re: Lucid Dreaming Master Post

Post by Canary »

Lucid Dreaming [Spiritual] 5
You have learned the ebb and flow of dreams and how to manipulate them. When you are in Yume-do, either physically or dreaming, as a Complex Action you may make a TN 20 Willpower roll to change one thing about the environment or raise or lower a Ring of an existing Dream Object (one discreet object, such as a sword, a flower, a person, etc.) by one. Ring changes to living beings only last 2 rounds due to their own subconscious influence on Yume-Do. Attempting to alter a sapient being in this manner is a contested Willpower roll.

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Canary

Re: Lucid Dreaming Master Post

Post by Canary »

Friend of the elements only applies to Raw Trait rolls. Please adjust accordingly.