Nanzi Ai

Nice Dream

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Canary wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:49 pm
She was home. Finally home, away from all the horror. The threat was ended, and her father had called just the family to where her mother slept.

Her sisters were there, her father, and Anazihime held Hajime's hand; a child who, as it was, may never remember his grandmother.

Then, Doji's eyes began to flutter and-

Her vision goes dark. She feels warmth over her eyes, and then it clears, and she's sitting in the garden of Kyuden Doji. Her mother's garden, and the place Doji had always felt most at home.

She felt a presence next to her. Looking to her left, there she was.

Doji looked toward Ai and smiled softly. "It's almost the end, isn't it? Two more days..."
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Nanzi Ai

Re: Nice Dream

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:02 pm
She felt relief, dressed in a beautiful ensemble appropriate for her home. Two more days… yes she realized it was so close now, of course it was. She looked to her sisters and family and then rose and took her mother’s hand, “Take it slowly Mother.”

She gestured for a servant to bring water and tea, a subtle thing but one that should get them into motion. She continued, “Yes Mother, we are approaching the Day of Thunder… and your presence in the dreaming has given us all hope, even the Nezumi.”

OOC: Lucid Dreaming is that available and is she aware she is dreaming or is that a willpower roll?
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Canary wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:20 pm
The ensemble is gone now, leaving just the two of them, well away from that room. "Yume-Jigoku was going to try to trick you with a way to wake me. I believe in your strength of heart. You've shown it so many times here." She gave the smallest of smiles. "But why shouldn't a mother help when she can?"

[Lucid Dreaming is available. She is aware it's a dream.]

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:30 pm
“I… yes, you are right, Mother. I just… I am trying to find the right words. But all I can find are… I am sorry,” she said honestly.

“It is not the most flowery or aesthetic or apologies. I am sure Dojihime could do better.”

She smiled at the thought of her eldest sister smoothing over things so easily. Still Yume-Jigoku was… crafty, but she would not wish to disturb the moment and so her mind transformed her blade into Hajime’s Promise, a blade of keen and sharp jade.

She smiled and then grew embarrassed at the thought and said meekly, “There is something else as well.”

OOC: Oh wow it worked... Lucid Dreaming | 3k3 ⇒ 28 (TN: 20)

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Canary wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:54 pm
Doji let out a soft and genteel chuckle, shaking her head and looking at her. While she was always unfailingly polite, her eyes held great warmth. "Dojihime cannot be you better than you can. I am happy to hear your words, and I accept," she said. Then she rose and bowed perfectly to Ai. "I should also apologize. I should have made an effort to see things from your perspective, and did not. A mere apology is not enough to correct it, but... I shall have to do what I can from here."

Once she settled down, she tilted her head slightly. "Something else?"

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:06 am
She maintained her composure but she felt so much love for her mother in the moment. She gathered her strength and said, “A… Lord Hiruma’s son has made his intention to court me and although he is a bit rough in nature I find him to be a good man, strong in heart and heroic… handsome too.”

“I wanted your blessing, or perhaps guidance… I know I tend to just do things but I think… I know that Destiny may not always be what I wish but if we survive this place he wishes to pursue that courtship. It would probably mean… me becoming Crab, but politically that could buoy our fortunes in the North and bring us many potential allies.”

“Politics aside, he is adorable,” she said warmly.

“Ahem, Hiruma Naraku, son of Hiruma, sole heir to the House of Hiruma,” Ai said firmly.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Canary wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:43 am
Doji smiled slightly as she listened. "Well... As for guidance, I shall offer my experience. The Empire is becoming steadily more political, an environment in which our family stands to thrive. Connections in the North will be useful, and those aspects are important to consider. Marrying a family daimyo is a good match, as well."

"That said..." She smiled a little more. "I did not marry your father for that. His political acumen has been a boon, but I married him because I came to care for him. Because I loved his stories. He was handsome and clever. In short, I married him out of love. Ai, ne?" She lets that hang for a moment.

"It sounds, from the way you describe him, that you could love him. I think we Crane should not forget the importance of that. So I'm happy to give my blessing."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:15 am
“I could grow to love him, of course,” she said looking down sheepishly. “I am simply scared to give it voice, our future is so uncertain, or think I am moving too quickly… but I could love him and he does make me smile, with his earnestness.”

“Politics aside, I would want a match that could be fruitful with affection; I would not thrive in a union devoid of such. In truth I had not expected this to come to pass but I am happy,” she said with a blushing smile.

“I never thought I would share these words with you… I am not sure I ever saw myself seriously as a wife and potentially a mother. Fortunes, I am not sure I am ready for that image,” she admitted.

She held out her hand for her mother’s hand, “Is there anything we can do to help you, I am not ready for you to go. I know it is selfish, but I need my mother, I need you.”

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Canary wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:38 am
"If you feel it already, do not let Fear lead you to Regret," she said with a soft smile. "Take your time. You have much, and much to do before then."

She took and squeezed her hand. Then she paused, as if considering, and pulled her into a gentle hug. "Oh, Ai." She is silent for a moment before daring to speak, keeping her composure.

She pulled back and reached up, taking off her earrings and putting them in Ai's hand. "Here. These were the first gift your father gave me after we married. A little bit of me will always be with you when you wear them."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:03 am
She smiled and barely held back the tears as she embraced her mother. It felt like going home. The touch, smells, sensations... she pulled back and said, "They.. are... so beautiful, no I cannot accept something that you cherish, Mother."

Even in dreams etiquette must be obeyed.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Canary wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:25 am
Doji touched her cheek gently and smiled. "As beautiful as you. They would suit you... and I want you to have them because I cherish them. I cherish you much more than any object."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:03 am
Canary wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:25 am
Doji touched her cheek gently and smiled. "As beautiful as you. They would suit you... and I want you to have them because I cherish them. I cherish you much more than any object."
"As I cherish you, mother. But it would unseemly to accept another gift from one who has given me everything... and even now protects us as she always has. I cannot accept this, it is too much," she said humbly.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Canary wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:14 am
Nanzi Ai wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:03 am
"As I cherish you, mother. But it would unseemly to accept another gift from one who has given me everything... and even now protects us as she always has. I cannot accept this, it is too much," she said humbly.
"It is my role as a mother to give you everything, just as I give you this," she replied warmly. "Consider it simply another piece of the everything that is to be given."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:29 am
She accepted it and said, "Thank you Mother, I love it."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Canary wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:06 am
She smiled. "I'm glad. They will be with you when you wake."

She let out a deep sigh and squeezed Ai's hands gently. "I apologize... I can't stay any longer. Yume-Jigoku is pushing at the gates."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:07 am
"Thank you, mother, and I... I love you Mother," she said proudly.

"Goodbye and good luck."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Canary wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:16 am
Doji smiled warmly. "I love you, too, Ai. I believe in you."

She gave her one final kiss on the forehead, like when she was just a young girl.

The dreams ends.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:18 am
Ai had a good dream and did not die.

Suspicious.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Canary wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:16 pm
She also, as promised, now had her mother's earrings held in her hand when she woke up.