Hisomu Tadaka

The Last Dream of Hisomu Goju (D5 MN - D6 EM)

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:17 am
Goju sees a variety of different things. All things he wants. But he wants so many contradictory things. He wants to be a Hantei again. He wants to found the Goju Family. He wants to tell his family he's sorry. He wants to be a better dad than he was son or brother. Damnit. Even though he wouldn't admit it or even think it's a good idea, he wants to be a Thunder so in some way, he can say he became a man worthy of being Haneti's son. Someone his parents and siblings could be proud even if they don't remember. He wants to be a jellyfish, just floating on the waves with not a care else in the world.

A man of a forgotten Name and a new Name. Torn between wanting what was lost and what lies ahead. His dreams finally settle on something.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Hisomu Tadaka

Re: The Last Dream of Hisomu Goju (D5 MN - D6 EM)

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Canary wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:04 pm
A dream tries to start, but it fizzles out seemingly before it even has a chance to begin.

Instead, he found himself sitting on a rock next to an old Nezumi with a milky, scarred over right eye, the only one he can see at the moment. They sit together on a grassy hill overlooking North-North Mountain City, the new de facto capital of the Nezumi Empire. The old Nezumi is holding a pipe and dressed in elaborately embroidered fabric from the Ivory Kingdoms.

"It's been a while, kid," he greets. "You seem like less of a little shit than when you left."

Somehow, he understands, despite him speaking Nezumi.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:12 pm
Goju was stunned. This was him. It had to be. Fear crept into his mind. Part of wished Chuchu would come save him. He quickly banished that. He was samurai. He would stand on his own. Besides, he doubted she could do much against this one. When Goju finally came over the shock and fear, he spoke.

"Yeah. I guess it has been. I guess Goju is a better man than Tadaka." This was not good. He knew this was a dream. Of course, he still believed this was the Nezumi who stole his Name. This being a dream just made him even more powerful.

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Canary wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:03 pm
"Nah," the Nezumi replied with a shake of his head. "Tadaka just needed a kick in the ass. Goju was always part of him." He took a long pull from his pipe.

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:10 pm
Goju wasn't sure how to respond to that. The Nezumi didn't seem hostile. So, he decided to ask his questions starting with the most obvious. "Is that why you took my Name then?"

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Canary wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:34 pm
He nodded. "Yep. You ain't a bad kid, but you needed a real turn around to get your Name in order. And to give your liver a break. Tried other shit, didn't get through."

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:37 pm
Well, Goju couldn't argue with that. But the answer did bring more questions. "You tried other things? Did I know you?" Could this have been a result of the Nametaking?

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Canary wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:25 pm
He nodded and took another pull from his pipe. "Yep. A'lunep'trkir. Not that you'd remember the name, but we know each other. Came down, made a mess of my home when you were drunk. You seemed like you had troubles, so I got you talkin'. You're a chatty drunk, kid. Tried a couple things to help, but eventually decided it seemed like you could use some time away from yourself."

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:52 pm
Goju considers this. He was a chatty drunk and he had realized since then a lot of his acting out was because of the pressures of being Hantei's son and Genji's brother. It was too much to live up to, so he did the opposite.

"Um.. thanks?" It felt weird thinking him considering how much pain it caused him. How much it still caused him. But it's not like the Nezumi was wrong. "So, uh. Am I vulnerable to the Nothingness?"

And where was his manners. He bows. "I'm sorry for the trouble I caused you." This was genuine. He did regret who he was. He shouldn't let his own fears stop him from doing the right thing. That's how he got to where he was in the first place.

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Canary wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:14 pm
"Nah, you're not." The Nezumi smiled and gave him a few solid pats on the shoulder. "It's all right, kid. We all make mistakes in life. The trick is learnin' from 'em. What've you learned, being Goju?"

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:46 pm
Goju let out a sigh of relief at that.

That was something he hadn't considered. He changed. But why? What did he learn from this? "I learned that I was selfish and brought pain those I love most. I learned how much I loved them. Well, that was from losing Tadaka. As for what I learned as Goju. I can forge my own path. I am not my father or my brother. I can be succeed by following my own path. I fit in better among my uncle's people than my father's. I'm trying to forge my own path. I don't know how much you follow me, but I'm trying form a Goju Family for my uncle's Clan. I saw something that had potential that many of my people were ignoring. And now I seek find a new way to serve my uncle rather than just giving up like I did my father." This hurt to say, but it was true. If he could not live up to the path set by those in front of him, he would create a new path to serve those he cared about.

"Also, I am not going to take my wife and children for granted like I did my parents and siblings. The sea keeps me apart from them for now, but I can't wait until the kids are older and I can show them what I built for them. And if they can't follow my path, I will help them find their own." Goju smiles at this. This is a future he wants. Even without the threat of the Lying Darkness swallowing him up, he still wanted to create the Goju Family. He wanted the best for his children. He would help them find their path. Whether it was along his path to the sea or give them the strength to forge their own path. If he could go from a man who was erased from existence to a man who founded a Family, then they could do anything.

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Canary wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:53 pm
The old rat smiled approvingly and nodded. "Glad to hear it, kid. Your pups are important, it's good to hear you'll treat 'em right."

He paused and leaned back, considering. "So, here's a real head scratcher: You want to become Tadaka again? If'n I understand you northern humans all right, you swore to your uncle, so that should still be good even if you regain your identity."

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:58 pm
That stunned Goju. He thought about long and hard. "So, you're saying I could regain what Tadaka lost without losing what Goju gained?"

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Canary wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:15 am
He nodded. "That's if'n I understand all this fealty stuff right, but should do."

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:34 am
Goju was torn. This is what he wanted most. That was the problem. This is what he wanted most. He knew Jigoku was a tricky sucker.

He *forms the purest jade in his hands. "A'lunep'trkir, you have done me a great service even if it often didn't feel like it. You are offering what I want more than anything. And it concerns me that this could be some sort of trick." He offers the jade. "I believe you're real, but I cannot let my selfishness get me now. Please take this so I can know you are real. I mean no insult. But the enemy loves to deceive."

*From the successful Lucid Dreamer roll earlier.

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Canary wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:48 am
The Ratling looked amused and took the jade, tossing it a few times in his hand. "Well well. You learned some pretty good dream shaping, too."

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:52 am
Goju looks a little embrassed. "Thank you." He felt trepidation. "Then yes. I want to be Tadaka again."

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Canary wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:18 am
He nodded to him with a smile and nodded. "Pleasure to meet you again, Hisomu Tadaka."

Something... changed. Such a monumental and yet subtle shift that it was impossible to describe.

The change does not go away upon waking.

The dream ends.

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:43 am
Tadaka wakes with tears in his eyes. "A'lunep'trkir, I promise you, my family will always be friends of the Nezumi."

He smiles. "I swear on the name of Hisomu Tadaka."