Saru Shang

[Day 4 - Early Afternoon] Mood Immersion

Post by Saru Shang »

After the visit to the headwoman's house, Shang ventured out to a part of the land she had yet to visit, the graveyard. It was a dreary and rainy day, which was perhaps the worst time to be caught in such a place. However, given the circumstances, she found some perks in further immersing herself in the gloom of the situation. It would make for some sort of inspiration for her art, at least. There was also the past to be considered and the graveyard told a tale of is own, were these graves of the recent settlement or of the previous residents?
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Nanzi Ai

Re: [Day 4 - Early Afternoon] Mood Immersion

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai was here on her daily patrol, in armor and military kit.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

A nervous looking man stood at the edge of the Graveyard Just outside looking in and fidgeting with his sleeves.
Assistant to the GM | Woke up and chose violence | Not my first rodeo

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Tyrus wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:19 pm
A nervous looking man stood at the edge of the Graveyard Just outside looking in and fidgeting with his sleeves.
Ai approached and said in a kind manner, "Afternoon, is something bothering you? Are you okay?"
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

He didn't respond at first seemingly lost in his own mind for a moment. He turned to her "Hm? Oh, oh its nothing s-samurai-sama. Just idle thoughts." Nerves or fear tinged the edge of his words. His eyes had dark circles beneath them and his hair was slightly unkempt.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

She said warmly, "Trouble sleeping?"

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

He glanced to the Graveyard again and back "y-you'd think I'd be used to it by now. Been here three years. The dreams always get worse during the festival." His lips turned up briefly in a small rueful smile but faded as he looked down to his sleeves.

"It is nothing for one such as you to be concerned with though."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"A samurai is concerned with those of high and low station, and I am sword to defend and protect your village for as long as I am able," she said warmly.

"If you have a concern, I will listen and more importantly if needed, act."

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

His chuckle matched the smile he had worm "I don't believe there is anything you can do my lady. Unless you know of some way to defeat death itself."

He looks out to the Graves, the markers of lives lived and lost. A memorial to their life but also their ends. "Do you think of death?" He asked still looking out at the gloomy scene.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"I do not believe my blade is yet keen enough to defeat death, but yes I do consider it. A samurai lives at a blade's length from death all times," she responded.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

"Yet you do not fear it? The unknown of it?" He asked looking back to her.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Tyrus wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:44 pm
"Yet you do not fear it? The unknown of it?" He asked looking back to her.
"If I lived an honorable life then I shall be reborn in a form fitting for my station, if it is one of wickedness then it shall be a life of trials... we return and purify ourselves with each life until we are perfected through adversity and discipline. I would bear a liar's tongue if I said I did not fear what I do not know of Death, but it is my Duty to face it with Honor when that moment comes," she said honestly.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

"Then you are better than me my lady. Perhaps that is why you are who you are and I am what I am."

He sighed "I have died a thousand times these past few nights and seen visions of terrible hells. Perhaps on my next go around I can be reborn as something that does not contemplate the finality of it all."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“The dreams we have experienced are a curse and act of violence levied on us by the forces of evil we samurai have sworn ourselves to defeat. It wishes to sap your will, take your strength, you cannot let it,” she said with reassurance.

WE cannot let it.”

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

He smiles a bit more sincerely than before "You are kind. I apologize I have not asked your name. I am known as Kujo."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Tyrus wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:59 pm
He smiles a bit more sincerely than before "You are kind. I apologize I have not asked your name. I am known as Kujo."
"Kujo-san, this one is known as Nanzi Ai of the Crane, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I hope your day improves from here if only a little," she said warmly.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

"Nanzi-sama. It has improved somewhat with your company. I hope I have not dragged yours down with my dreary thoughts. Though I believe I have spent too much time moping around this dour place."

He pauses "What brings one such as yourself to a place like this anyway?"

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"The Honored dead deserve my protection to keep their final resting places from being defiled," she said kindly.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

"Hmmm you seem to truly be one of honor Nanzi-sama. I will leave you to your duty though. Thank you for speaking with me." He would bow to her and turn to leave the Graveyard still looking haggard but perhaps not quite as troubled as he had been.

/exit unless stopped.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

She bowed respectfully in return and then tuned to look at the Dragon, and then the rest of the graveyard.