Jiyo Sora

Re: Our Princess IS In This Castle [Day 4, Mid-Evening, Expecting]

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Well, Makime has never been one to rely upon her charm. It's good that you've got the Crab talking- even if they opt to stay where they are, or the village cannot accommodate them, the willingness to discuss the possibility keeps some doors open..."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

He gave a nod

''While around town I heard that Aoyama's daughter had been wounded and is still at the healer's house. I would suggest sending one of the imperial spirit-speakers to assist with their magic if possible.''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“Kyosei might be the better fit there.” She said to Sora.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I'll put a word in. I actually visited earlier..."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''How are things over there?'' ventured the dragon ''I heard that there was many wounded this morning''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Crowded. I'll also be asking Kypsei if he can tend to the guard hurt in the morning's... business."

Unless some time warp meant that the Nezumi present in the same thread when he visited had healed either the guard or the child, of course.

"By the sound of it, both Matsu and Yoshitsune Ayako took some heavy hits, but are trying not o burden Enrou."

Carries:

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''Having two hospitals might be a logistical problem.'' pointed the dragon ''We already have trouble in liasoning as it is but having our healers keep in touch with the village doctor so they could help each other in the coming days might be wise.''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"A daimyo tended by shugenja will not be in a sick bed long- and besides, Enrou's home is a bit crowded already."

Carries:

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''Exactly why we should see what help can be given. Assisting the local doctor treating the locals is a good strategy to win hearts and mind Jiyo-sama''

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Kumori remained relatively quiet…

The day had been filled with these types of conversations. People coming and coordinating… or asking what to do.

It was exactly the kind of thing that she hated… and now the thing she was being expected to do.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I intend to pay a visit to the headwoman after we're done here. Iron out some details."

He made a bit of as face.

"Try to mend some fences. I can bring it up with her if you'd like."

Carries:

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Kumori then did speak.

“I did speak with her earlier… She described some of the things we should expect with the vilage’s rituals…”

She motioned towards deeper in the house.

“Ryoshun Nao should be sending around a notification… helping people know what to expect. Our people are understandably at wit’s end… Any more surprises and we could see serious trouble.”

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"By the same token, one of ours- so far as they know- nearly killed one of their guards with a single blow this morning. Couple that with how on edge we've all been..."

Sora bit his lip.

"It's going to take some doing."

Carries:

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“I get that… but we can’t just think of the villagers…” She replied.

“We have to think of both… Both can be dangerous… or both can be good. Finding that balance is your job Sora. If the samurai here think of you only as a shill for the people they think are the enemy.. You lose them.”

She let out a sigh.

“Don’t lose them. Listen and find the balance.”

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

He sighed.

"Thinking of these people as the enemy is the chief issue. It was no villager who nearly killed Matsu and Ayako today. Yes, there have been serious grounds for concern, and I intend to bring them up, but at the same time, there is a presumption of outright malice among our command that is not supported by a rational assessment. We were specifically cautioned against paranoia, specifically told to try to build stronger bonds. There must be a reason for that, but the man who told us as much has apparently lost his damn mind."

And then, a shrug.

"In any event, listening to the samurai isn't hard. I've done far more talking to samurai than villagers these past three days. But getting samurai who regard you as lacking the wits to pour piss out of a boot to listen to other perspectives from your mouth? That's more challenging."

Carries:

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

She looked back at him with a kind of focus that was uncommon from Kumori.

“I don’t tell you to do much Sora… But this I’m telling you… Don’t let them dismiss you.”

She turned to both of them, “When people are afraid they don’t want to hear someone just say, ‘Don’t be afraid.’ They need valid reasons not to be afraid. They need honesty and the best information we can get. We need to get them those answers. You need to be willing to see their fears and answer to them… not dismiss them. If you dismiss their thoughts… they’ll dismiss you.”

She finished, “The simple fact is that communication has been shit. You can blame whomever you want but drugging people and demons in the night with no explanation is shitty communication. It’s your job to get the full truth from the villagers if you are the liaisons… You can believe them all you want… I want to too… but either way you need to get the truth and get it to our people with all honesty… No safeguarding the villagers at the samurai’s expense. No matter how condescending any of those assholes may be… Let them have their fucking pride… If it keeps them and the villagers alive… Let them think whatever vain bullshit they want.”

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Yep. Definitely her mother's daughter as much as her father's.

Glad she showed up.

Carries:

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

She put up a hand as if to stop herself.

“Sorry… It’s been a long few days.”

She then looked to both of them.

“But please… bring the groups together the right way. Don’t be unwilling to bend… Consider things from both sides.”

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Oh, haven't you heard? Anjing and I have buried the hatchet. So that's one impossible task down, just a few more to go..."

He sighed.

"With respect, my issue is less with their suspicions- we have, after all, been exposed to at least one airborne drug, and nobody can claim that this place is normal- than with how they have conducted themselves in dealing with them. It badly limits our room to maneuver. Part of why I suggested Wu-san for his role- with apologies, Wu-san- is because he was in a position to communicate without making our tasks here more difficult."

He turned to the Dragon and half-smiled.

"I certainly didn't select you for your objectivity."

Carries:

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''I know, I know'' he smirked back at the librarian ''I am romantically involved with the headwoman. Still, in the matter of dreams and will objectivity becomes a harder concept to pin.''

He bowed to the princess

''I am working in that direction and will continue to do so.''