Hiruma Naraku

I won't go gently into the night [D4 EN]

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku tossed and turned in his bed as his consciousness drifted into Yume-Do.

He was once again in the forest, yet this time there was no serenity or harmony. The trees were twisted and rotten, the ground was murky and bog like and the sun could not filter through the thick dark canopy.

There was a feeling of dread that filled his heart and shook him to the core of his being. He gasped for air but his lungs filled with thick miasma that polluted the forest.

His ears ringed as the omens of his dark future filled his mind. Naraku clawed at his face but the onslaught would not stop forcing him to his knees.

"You know your destiny."

He shakes his head, tears pooling on his eyes.

"They will wish they had left you in the forest"

The murky ground begins to swallow him whole, his consciousness sinking into the bottomless pit of despair. The feelings of inadequacy rushing him. The hushed whispers that had perpetually accompanied him when he was younger.

"Accept your fate"

He struggled against causality, against the fate that had been reserved for him, against the impending doom that awaited him.

And then he saw it. The light. Her smile. And so, the whispers stopped and his heart was calm once more.

"I REJECT YOU"

He emerged from the quagmire, his hand reaching for the light. The darkness receded, stung by his resolution. It recoiled from the light that he now held in his hands.

"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE! WEAK AND SCARED! RESORTING TO SIMPLE PARLOR TRICKS!"

His voice boomed through the dream, causing ripples on the darkness that had assailed him. Each condemnation made it screech and recoil further retreating from where he walked.

"YOU THINK I AM ALONE? YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US?"

His voice conjured the brave people he had learned to respect and appreciate. The honorable Lady Otaku and her faithful steed Tsubame, the resourceful Otomo Akutou, the child of the Dragon Togashi Satsuki, the White Tiger of the West Kai, the Paragon Nanzi Ai, the genius Hisomu Reo, the Slayer Ryoshun Yukara, the Great Number Chuchu, the Shadow Hisomu Goju and many more. Each name he mentioned further made the darkness retreat, screeching in pain as each name branded it with the searing fury of a righteous sun.

The light shone brighter and a shape formed, her face almost identical to Naraku's but the figure feminine. Naraku looked at her with happiness as the figure approached him.

"I missed you," he said, tears running down his cheek. Her warm hand touched his cheek.

"I was always with you," her voice warm as the morning sun. She reached for his hand, their finger intertwined.

"Two souls once split," they both spoke as Naraku and Kanna melded into one. "Now reunited"

The light embraced them as their forms became one. Neither Naraku nor Kanna. They drew their sword and cut their wrist, a tide of green pushing forward and washing the darkness away, forcing it to twist and shriek as it was forcefully unraveled by the tide of righteous venom. White lotus bloomed around they as the forest was renewed, sun filtering into it once more.

Yet the forest was not like before. There were tall spires of marble in the horizon, and buildings of stones so white they looked akin to gold under the shinning sun. They looked to the side and serpentine humanoids looked at they. They were not creatures of the enemy and they transmitted them a sense of calm and serenity.

The dream was peaceful. For now.
---
D4 Event | Int/WP TN 25 Void | 5k4 ⇒ 39 (TN: 25)

D4 EN | The Dream Shapes the Form | Corruption/INT vs TN 30 (1 CR) | 9k5 ⇒ 47 (TN: 30)

D4 EN | The Form Shapes the World | Poison/INT vs TN 40 | 2 FR reducing TN to 30| Void | 10k5 ⇒ 45 (TN: 30)

Gained Lucid Dreamer advantage
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Canary

Re: I won't go gently into the night [D4 EN]

Post by Canary »

Hiruma Naraku loses the Dark Fate disadvantage.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."