Nanzi Ai

Re: [Day 1 - MN] Climbing up the Walls

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai considered that and responded, "I... yes that does make sense."
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"I think I've been trained in part in blade handling by a disciple of the Crane by the way. Except there were not explicitly showing their colors even though they couldn't help being Crane in their manners. A fox wearing clothes is still a fox.

Something about a training trip I believe?"
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:19 am
"I think I've been trained in part in blade handling by a disciple of the Crane by the way. Except there were not explicitly showing their colors even though they couldn't help being Crane in their manners. A fox wearing clothes is still a fox.

Something about a training trip I believe?"
"What was their name, do you recall?" she asked.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"Didn't pay much attention, as it was a name that was just a mask. Mitsu maybe?"
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:44 am
"Didn't pay much attention, as it was a name that was just a mask. Mitsu maybe?"
"What do you mean a mask, they were not a Crane yet trading our secrets?" she asked.

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"I mean that was just the name of their anonymous traveler self. The name they used among people with colorful drawings upon their back, they didn't tell, and I didn't inquire. And if they had stolen the secret of thunder walking from anyone, they didn't say either.

Should I have asked? Thunder walking is way faster than riding a horse. It would have been much practical."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"If this Thunder walking, I am not sure what that is, but if this Thunder walking person is just teaching random people the secrets of my Father's stance then they have betrayed their oath to my Clan and family," she said calmly.

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"You appear to be inventing yourself an imaginary enemy out of thin air when we have already so many real ones. When was the last time you managed to steal some sleep?

Also, how can a stance be a secret? As soon as you use it, people will have seen it, and it will be a mystery no more."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"You are not Crane, and as far as I can tell have never been a Crane samurai, yet you know our ways through some... villain who freely gives away our secrets, that is an affront to our Honor," she said honestly.

"Seeing the stance and understanding it are two very different things."

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"You appear to be trying to force the story into a particular direction. I don't understand why.

I recognize the pattern. Crane had flied so high up in heavens they overheard the secrets of the stars. When they went back to the ground, they couldn't help but boast about knowing things they should never tell. But the crafty Spider made Crane drink, and the drunk Crane revealed all to Spider. Later, Crane came back to their senses and went after Spider. But Spider had already used that new knowledge to weave a web between the stars, in which Crane got caught like a fly. And that's how Spider learned of the secrets of the stars and the Crane constellation came to be.

However, that's just not the right story? Mine is far simpler. A classic tale of travel, one new thing learned with each new encounter. From the monk wisdom. From the samurai the blade. From the fisher patience. Etc."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“There is nothing to be forced, you are not at fault, but the one who taught you… a woman of the waves, an outsider has wronged my family, my Clan and my sensei. My Honored Father created that school to defend the Crane, to defend my Honored Mother’s Honor. This drunken teacher whoever they are, Mitsu, is the villain here. I would expect the same of the Spider… or even the Dragon; to divulge the secret techniques of the Clan is to betray your oaths and dishonor yourself,” she said calmly.

“This is not fanciful tales about stupid animals, this is Bushido, this is the honor of the Great Clans of the realm.”

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"Stupid? Maybe. I think half of Monkey's stories eventually turn into poop jokes.

Powerful? Also very much. There's a reason your esteemed aunts and uncles have chosen to tie their destiny to all these colorful creatures.

These symbols are a fount of power as old as time itself. To dismiss them is unwise, even if, yes, sometimes, they can be a bit silly. What isn't?

But, silly or not, there were already there one thousands of years ago, in each of previous wars between light and darkness. There were no steel back then. But there were Tiger's claws.

It would be foolish to dismiss steel nowadays, for this is the age of steel, and the story is always a story of its time. But utterly forgetting about Tiger would also be unwise.

And, also, you're really getting confused between the secret of the stars and the secret of lacing one's shoes. This is exactly the kind of misunderstanding which end up with feces throwing in Monkey's stories."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai allowed a long moment so she could collect her thoughts. She responded calmly, “I do not ascribe to whatever fairy tales you wish to believe in. My strength comes from Lord Nanzi and Lady Doji; I have been trained by the best sensei of our Clan and I have been held to an impossible standard all my life.”

“Perhaps your people need whatever these tales of animals and poop throwing, but I am a samurai of the Crane. My Honor is as Steel, and my Duty is to defeat the Corruption. I need nothing else.”

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

"You? Maybe. The world however? The word might need way more for it to be saved."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai replied, "Nine Thunders will see this through."

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

She answered to the night. Kai had slip back into the darkness of the night.

---

[thanks for thread]