Nanzi Ai

Re: D2EA Event Commentary (Open)

Post by Nanzi Ai »

She nodded and said, “Apologies, I was among those that had a poor night’s sleep. I am sure it was just a prelude of the enemy has in store for us as we try and rest. The more the world of dreams becomes corrupted the more dangerous our sleep will become.”
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:41 pm
She nodded and said, “Apologies, I was among those that had a poor night’s sleep. I am sure it was just a prelude of the enemy has in store for us as we try and rest. The more the world of dreams becomes corrupted the more dangerous our sleep will become.”
"Too late t' apologize when you've already been forgiven," comes Akutou's reply. "Took me a while t' get t' sleep, myself, an' it usually don't.

"Had interestin' dreams, too."
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Han-Hei wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:24 pm
“Nothing that you do can take away from all that you’ve done… For all of us.” She replied with a serious tone.

“If I were to bet… I’d say you’ll end up adding more to be thankful for… but you are so very much in the black… You needn’t worry about screwing up.”

She finished, “You are known and loved.”
"Yeah. But you guys are all dumb kids who don't know any better."

He was grinning.

"Fear's not rational, Laughing Bird. But in case it needs saying, you're loved too."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:42 pm
"Too late t' apologize when you've already been forgiven," comes Akutou's reply. "Took me a while t' get t' sleep, myself, an' it usually don't.

"Had interestin' dreams, too."
"Anything you care to relate, apologies, but anything could be a clue to our enemy's intentions," she asked.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:44 pm

"Yeah. But you guys are all dumb kids who don't know any better."

He was grinning.

"Fear's not rational, Laughing Bird. But in case it needs saying, you're loved too."
She nodded and swallowed once.

By some… And that’ll have to do…

“Certainly not known by many though… I don’t have nearly as much in my ledger… Most of mine belongs to a mask.” She replied.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:45 pm
"Anything you care to relate, apologies, but anything could be a clue to our enemy's intentions," she asked.
"I brought it up, s' no 'pology needed," Akutou replies. "Though I don't think twas much f'm any enemy. Had a visit f'm a Nezumi I'd never seen afore. I know they c'n work dream-magic, an' th' Stag've got good relations with 'em. Might could be some more help's comin' f'm that quarter."
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Han-Hei wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:54 pm
She nodded and swallowed once.

By some… And that’ll have to do…

“Certainly not known by many though… I don’t have nearly as much in my ledger… Most of mine belongs to a mask.” She replied.
"They'll know you, kid. By who you are and by what you do. Doesn't matter to me that your parents are who they are so much as that you are who you are."

He cocked his head at her.

"So who are you?"
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:54 pm
"I brought it up, s' no 'pology needed," Akutou replies. "Though I don't think twas much f'm any enemy. Had a visit f'm a Nezumi I'd never seen afore. I know they c'n work dream-magic, an' th' Stag've got good relations with 'em. Might could be some more help's comin' f'm that quarter."
"That... that is now what I expected to hear," she responded. "The nezumi aided the Empire during the Rescue, their aid would be welcome if they did so again."

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:57 pm

"They'll know you, kid. By who you are and by what you do. Doesn't matter to me that your parents are who they are so much as that you are who you are."

He cocked his head at her.

"So who are you?"
“I’m not a fox.” She replied.

She turned to look at him, “I am human… and I am my father’s daughter.”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:00 pm
"That... that is now what I expected to hear," she responded. "The nezumi aided the Empire during the Rescue, their aid would be welcome if they did so again."
"'S how I saw it," Akutou answers. "An' the one as talked t' me in m' dream said she's on her way, gonna arrive soon. S' that'll be good."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Han-Hei wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:01 pm
“I’m not a fox.” She replied.

She turned to look at him, “I am human… and I am my father’s daughter.”
He nodded.

Then asked it again with a different emphasis.

"But who are you?"

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:02 pm
"'S how I saw it," Akutou answers. "An' the one as talked t' me in m' dream said she's on her way, gonna arrive soon. S' that'll be good."
"Well I hope it is not a trick, but more aid is helpful," she said warmly.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

For her part, Yukara wandered, watching the various efforts of the others, clearing her mind and drawing in her chi once again. (meditation in pf)

She felt oddly peaceful after the entire thing, despite it just being a silly mannequin.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:03 pm
He nodded.

Then asked it again with a different emphasis.

"But who are you?"
“I am Shiba Kumori…” She replied looking back at him.

“I am the things I do. I make my own promises… and I keep them.”

She crossed her arms and looked back at the festival and the people there… As if what she promised herself didn’t need to be spoken out loud.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Han-Hei wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:12 pm
“I am Shiba Kumori…” She replied looking back at him.

“I am the things I do. I make my own promises… and I keep them.”

She crossed her arms and looked back at the festival and the people there… As if what she promised herself didn’t need to be spoken out loud.
Fortunes but she sounded so much like her mother when she said that.

"Good to see you again, Shiba Kumori. I might have to stop calling you 'kid' now."

Carries:

Bayushi Norikage

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

Having dropped every roll except for the one he should have failed, Norikage found a place to sit down and relax. The afternoon was when he needed to hit his second wind, to have some semblance of feeling alive after not having slept.

It hadn't come during his quiet moment, and that bothered him. A great deal bothered him. He stared dully at the ground for a bit, trying to rally himself and think a little.
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:16 pm
Fortunes but she sounded so much like her mother when she said that.

"Good to see you again, Shiba Kumori. I might have to stop calling you 'kid' now."
She chuckled once through her nose, “You don’t have to go around trumpeting it either…”

She turned back to him, “The actions matter more than the names.”

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:07 pm
"Well I hope it is not a trick, but more aid is helpful," she said warmly.
Akutou nods.

"Seems folks're comin' 'round this afternoon, too," he observes.

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Ayako stepped aside after beheading the effigy she had been assigned.

“You know, I think I do feel a bit better after all that,” Ayako remarked cheerfully. "This village ritual really works."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Han-Hei wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:22 pm
She chuckled once through her nose, “You don’t have to go around trumpeting it either…”

She turned back to him, “The actions matter more than the names.”
"That's as may be, but it doesn't change that you're not a kid anymore."

He fixed her with a sidelong grin.

"We get out of this, your folk are gonna be livid, you know."

Carries: