Otomo Akutou

Re: D2EA Event Commentary (Open)

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:08 pm
"I felt... better," she said calmly. "I... believe if we do what we are meant to do, then many of us could survive. Those of us who are not Thunders at least."
"I've seen th' Young Lord here," Akutou says, "but no other Stag. Might could be another I just ain't seen yet, though. Still, th' Young Lord's got kids at home."

Akutou takes another sip, shakes his head.

"Have t' make sure he makes it out."
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Once she's finished with her effigy, Chouri joins the crowd, chatting with people with a smile.

[PM GM Canary if you wish to talk to her.]
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora had experienced his share of sleepless nights, of course, but they still sucked.

So he stood regarding his smashed little effigy for a time, then shrugged and wandered off to the sidelines.

["Quote" if approached]
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:25 pm
Sora had experienced his share of sleepless nights, of course, but they still sucked.

So he stood regarding his smashed little effigy for a time, then shrugged and wandered off to the sidelines.

["Quote" if approached]

A young woman quietly came alongside him and crossed her arms.

“You looked like shit out there old man… Miss out on your beauty sleep last night?”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Han-Hei wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:31 pm
A young woman quietly came alongside him and crossed her arms.

“You looked like shit out there old man… Miss out on your beauty sleep last night?”
"Look at my face and tell me I've ever had a single moment's beauty sleep, kid."

He glanced at her and managed a sort of grin.

"Not my first sleepless night, of course."

She'd been the indirect cause of more than one, in fact.

Teething, Fortunes forgive me, I've been through the teething pains of ten children. No wonder nothing much scares me anymore.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:10 pm
"I've seen th' Young Lord here," Akutou says, "but no other Stag. Might could be another I just ain't seen yet, though. Still, th' Young Lord's got kids at home."

Akutou takes another sip, shakes his head.

"Have t' make sure he makes it out."
“He along with you is here for a reason, do not carry his burden, he is samurai; family or not,” she responded.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:54 pm
“He along with you is here for a reason, do not carry his burden, he is samurai; family or not,” she responded.
"He's also th' Champion's heir, s' there's some duty there."
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:34 pm

"Look at my face and tell me I've ever had a single moment's beauty sleep, kid."

He glanced at her and managed a sort of grin.

"Not my first sleepless night, of course."

She'd been the indirect cause of more than one, in fact.

Teething, Fortunes forgive me, I've been through the teething pains of ten children. No wonder nothing much scares me anymore.
“I’d say you have quite striking features Jiyo-sama.” She replied with a smirk.

“Who wouldn’t love such a face? I can think of a whole number of women that have loved its bearer.”

She gestured over to the broken doll, “Why’d you go and smash it up like that?”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:57 pm
"He's also th' Champion's heir, s' there's some duty there."
She glanced to the unmasked ronin and then back to the Stag, "Destiny may supercede that, Otomo-san."
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:59 pm
She glanced to the unmasked ronin and then back to the Stag, "Destiny may supercede that, Otomo-san."
Akutou shrugs. "Still'll hafta make th' attempt," he says.

His gaze follows hers. "She familiar t' you?" he asks.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Han-Hei wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:58 pm
“I’d say you have quite striking features Jiyo-sama.” She replied with a smirk.

“Who wouldn’t love such a face? I can think of a whole number of women that have loved its bearer.”

She gestured over to the broken doll, “Why’d you go and smash it up like that?”
He snorted.

"Thought that was the idea? I've never been one for finesse."

Carries:

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:02 pm
He snorted.

"Thought that was the idea? I've never been one for finesse."
She continued to look over at the broken doll, “Yeah… but why that face?”

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:01 pm
Akutou shrugs. "Still'll hafta make th' attempt," he says.

His gaze follows hers. "She familiar t' you?" he asks.
"Admirable, and yes we are all beholden to our Duties." She glanced at the ronin and then back to Akutou, "We have traveled together before, she goes by Han-Hei."

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:05 pm
"Admirable, and yes we are all beholden to our Duties." She glanced at the ronin and then back to Akutou, "We have traveled together before, she goes by Han-Hei."
"Hm," Akutou says and nods.

"Guess th' Librarian knows 'er pretty well, too," he adds. "Though that ain't surprisin'. Fella like that's gonna know lotsa folks."

He sips at his tea again.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Han-Hei wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:03 pm
She continued to look over at the broken doll, “Yeah… but why that face?”
"Reckon he made me mad." He actually half-smiled.

Carries:

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:07 pm

"Reckon he made me mad." He actually half-smiled.
“He does that to a lot of people.” She replied with a smirk.

“What’d he do this time?”

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Han-Hei wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:08 pm
“He does that to a lot of people.” She replied with a smirk.

“What’d he do this time?”
"Well. Thinking about fears... my worst isn't just.... failure. It's letting my people down. Most folks... have people, have a place they belong from the beginning, so you don't... think about it. Me, people like me? We get lucky enough to find our family, our people, it's more of a conscious concern."

He shook his head.

"I've been incredibly lucky in my life, kid. I've got so much, so many people to be grateful for. And nothing scares me worse than screwing it up and causing them pain."

Carries:

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

She continued to look away from him and towards the event as she thought about her response.

“No matter what happens…” She started slowly.

“Nothing that you do can take away from all that you’ve done… For all of us.” She replied with a serious tone.

“If I were to bet… I’d say you’ll end up adding more to be thankful for… but you are so very much in the black… You needn’t worry about screwing up.”

She finished, “You are known and loved.”

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:06 pm
"Hm," Akutou says and nods.

"Guess th' Librarian knows 'er pretty well, too," he adds. "Though that ain't surprisin'. Fella like that's gonna know lotsa folks."

He sips at his tea again.
"Yes, I suppose he would," she added sipping her tea.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:29 pm
"Yes, I suppose he would," she added sipping her tea.
Akutou sits silently for a time.

After a bit, he says "Seems a lot o' folks had a rough time o' it last night."