Shiba Kumori

Re: Purification of the Form [D5, EE, Event]

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Kumori steps forward and speaks to Chouri and Yukara.

“You’ll excuse me for a second please… I think what we are all witnessing is something we cannot understand… I’d ask Yukara to submit herself for inspection for possible Corruption before we proceed with anyone else.”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:38 pm
Yukara, having no reason to question the miracle, no reason to fear, simply gazed in shock at the arm which had been hers... was taken... and was somehow hers again.
"Amazing!" Ayako said, eyes wide. The young Crab hadn't really believed it when Enrou said this could happen ... but now she had seen it with her own eyes.

Was this still a dream? a part of her wondered. Then Ayako shook herself; enough of such thinking.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Shiba Kumori wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:42 pm
Kumori steps forward and speaks to Chouri and Yukara.

“You’ll excuse me for a second please… I think what we are all witnessing is something we cannot understand… I’d ask Yukara to submit herself for inspection for possible Corruption before we proceed with anyone else.”
Chouri nodded. "I have no objection." she looked to Yukara.
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Makime

Post by Makime »

Makime's eyes narrow at the feat performed. When the Dragon spoke she merely nodded.

But for now she remained an observer.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Chouri wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:06 pm

Chouri waits until she seems settled, and murmurs something under her breath, over and over. Yukara can feel something shift in the air and for just a moment, the world itself feels like it shifts. All she can see is herself and Chouri sitting in the garden. The fog has cleared and it is warm and sunlit. Past the garden wall, she can hear the shouts of children as they run down the street and the singing of birds.

From the outside, all that's seen is the strange blurred effect around Yukara's arm.

Then she can feel something. Yukara can feel the fabric of her kimono under the fingers of her right hand.

Chouri opens her eyes and takes a breath. "How do you feel?"

[Yukara loses Missing Limb.]
Reo stares on in amazement. He had resigned himself so long ago. He truly had meant it when he said that what mattered to the Clan was more than just the body. That the mind and soul was just as important, if not more so. But there it was, the thing of so many fantasties that had haunted him for decades and it was so close.

He clutches the jade hanging from his neck. "Is there room for one more?"
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:33 pm
Akutou's jaw drops open.

This has been a day of marvels for him.

What he learns in earlier threads might change the thoughts underlying, but the dropping jaw, that is likely to remain.
Shang casually fanned herself as she watched the proceedings. She was most certainly befuddled by what happened and found herself glancing around the room for the reactions of others. That was important, in case a riot should break out, she would like ample time to get herself out of harm's way to avoid getting trampled. She did note Satsuki's immediate departure. Perhaps she was so in awe that she had to leave the room to catch her breath? Okay, maybe she was conjuring things up in her mind.

"Uhm...So, Bat-san over there had her hand already, right? Then again, I think I've seen something like this before at a tribal settlement. Some sort of tree sap extract that could heal wounds," she half-whispered to Akutou.
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"For... what?"

Yukara glanced between the two women, confused. "Why?"

Standing, she fixed Kumori with a steadier look, "What are you insinuating, Shiba-sama?"
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Saru Shang wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:02 pm
"Uhm...So, Bat-san over there had her hand already, right? Then again, I think I've seen something like this before at a tribal settlement. Some sort of tree sap extract that could heal wounds," she half-whispered to Akutou.
"Weren't no hand there yesterday," Akutou says. "An' given what th' wolves did, I ain't surprised.

"No, this's somethin'...else. Dunno what. Big deal, good'r bad. An' it looks like no few think it's bad."
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:06 pm
"Weren't no hand there yesterday," Akutou says. "An' given what th' wolves did, I ain't surprised.

"No, this's somethin'...else. Dunno what. Big deal, good'r bad. An' it looks like no few think it's bad."

"Well, that is impressive but I still don't know what to make of it. They promised healing and we got to see healing. So, I find it hard to complain there," she would reply with her gaze flickering to the scene between the Shiba and Yukara. "Hm, some disagreements too. I would want to get myself checked out too, if that happened to me."
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:04 pm
"For... what?"

Yukara glanced between the two women, confused. "Why?"

Standing, she fixed Kumori with a steadier look, "What are you insinuating, Shiba-sama?"
“I am… ‘insinuating’…” She paused for a brief moment.

“That it would probably help allay the fears of some of the people here observing this ritual if it could be shown that it was not the influence of Jigoku upon Yume-do that made this miracle possible. Unfortunately, there are multiple types of power at work here in this village… It is prudent to make sure what is doing what… So that we have the best information available to us.”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Shiba Kumori wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:09 pm
Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:04 pm
"If you want a standard opinion Shiba-sama, may I offer my services?" With the signs that things will not continue without some inspection, it only made sense to weigh in. "If you wish for my credentials on such matters, I was part of the contingent that rescued Lord Hisomu. I have been the one charged with investigating the bodies of those affected by the madness that has plagued the land, and of the Tainted wolves that attacked Ryoshun-san. This inspection and my findings were met with consensus with Hiruma Naraku and Togashi Satsuki, who also would make for useful consultants. And I might say" he pulls up the leg of his kimono, showing off a twisted and deformed leg. "That I have a vested stake in determining whether or not this treatment poses risks. If I might examine the patient?"
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Saru Shang wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:08 pm
"Well, that is impressive but I still don't know what to make of it. They promised healing and we got to see healing. So, I find it hard to complain there," she would reply with her gaze flickering to the scene between the Shiba and Yukara. "Hm, some disagreements too. I would want to get myself checked out too, if that happened to me."
"There's reason f'r concern, is all I'm gonna say 'bout it," Akutou whispers back. "'Specially since th' higher-ups seem t' have it in hand."

He takes a breath and holds it a moment before continuing. "That don't mean don't keep an eye on it, though."
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:26 pm

"If you want a standard opinion Shiba-sama, may I offer my services?" With the signs that things will not continue without some inspection, it only made sense to weigh in. "If you wish for my credentials on such matters, I was part of the contingent that rescued Lord Hisomu. I have been the one charged with investigating the bodies of those affected by the madness that has plagued the land, and of the Tainted wolves that attacked Ryoshun-san. This inspection and my findings were met with consensus with Hiruma Naraku and Togashi Satsuki, who also would make for useful consultants. And I might say" he pulls up the leg of his kimono, showing off a twisted and deformed leg. "That I have a vested stake in determining whether or not this treatment poses risks. If I might examine the patient?"
“I welcome your expertise Hisomu-san.”

She turns to look at Yukara.

“If now Ryoshun-san would so oblige…”

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara gazed at Kumori. Then Sora. Then all the gathered 'important people.'

"You all... suspected. And you just let me walk up and do this!?"

Her eyes blazed with betrayal, and she practically snarled, "Please, Hisomu-san, do your tests. And when you are finished, perhaps those gathered can explain why I was to be their test case!"
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“I don’t think any of us thought it would do something this drastic… I trust Chouri-san’s intentions.” She looks to the headwoman.

“But there are plenty who do not… and this is beyond what we expected…”

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:43 pm

Her eyes blazed with betrayal, and she practically snarled, "Please, Hisomu-san, do your tests. And when you are finished, perhaps those gathered can explain why I was to be their test case!"
"To be fair, I walked to do it right after you. But as I said, a samurai it more than their body. It's their mind and soul." He looks back over at Naraku and Ohta. "I have people I trust to monitor me. That if I fall or lapse, that the study goes to snuff our other cases stillborn. I take that risk myself, but not blindly."

Reo lifts the jade from his neck and puts it to the reformed arm, looking for signs of corruption.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:43 pm

Sora tapped his cheekbone under his eye.

"If this had shown me danger, kid, you think I'd have let you go through with it?"
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Right now? I do not know what I think - you all chose to be here, so clearly your doubts were strong enough to bring you to this place. Yet not enough to warn me of what I might be doing. Convenient that the hill child with no family should be a volunteer, and not someone important."

Yukara cast a venomous gaze across the gathered individuals, and flipped her sleeve back, showing off the arm, which seemed... human. Her own astonishment at having it back, and how naturally her body resumed its use, was lost in her fury.

"Go on then, do your tests. Let us all hope these fears are unfounded."

If they weren't, Yukara wasn't sure what she would do, but she did at least have 2 arms with which to wield her bisento once more, and the thought did tempt her.

Bayushi Norikage

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

As Norikage entered the garden he heard the raised and lowered voices, with comments both terse and calm. Worse, he recognized all of them.

He should have shown up sooner, then he'd at least understand why people were so damned fussy.

Stepping past another guest or two, he found himself near enough to see properly, and to clearly hear Yukara. He saw her raised arm, her angry features, there was spite and betrayal, frustration. She was perfect pickings for some dark power to latch onto in that state and this place was full of that sort of thing.

Did he dare step into this? Would he just make it worse?

And wait, her raised arm?

"Lord Moon's Beard what is going on here?" he spat. "Yukara-san...your arm. Are we all dreaming?"

Clearly had had missed the earlier miracles.
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Nao stepped forward. "Direct your frustration at me, Yukara-san. You are of my family. For your safety, I should have advised you. I was hoping it would work and that there would be no complications, but I should have done more than hope."
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San