Jiyo Sora

Re: Purification of the Form [D5, EE, Event]

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Let's see how this goes...
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:50 pm
Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:46 pm
snip
''Good thing indeed Naraku. Call me Zhe''
He smiles at the Dragon and turns his eyes back to the ceremony.

"I am quite intrigued at what is going to happen," he says with clear interest.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:57 pm
As none had warned her against it, and indeed she was ignorant of much of what had transpired, she had no reason to say no, save her own lingering doubts.
From where she stood near Shizuku, Ayako had watched Yukara approach and ask about the ritual with some concern. The Crab still wasn't sure about Chouri's ritual; but Shizuku had turned out okay, and the possible benefit to Yukara was quite clear.

So Ayako kept quiet.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:57 pm
snip
''I must admit I have no idea''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:47 pm
"Perhaps you need it, healer."

Yukara looked concerned. "If I had the talent, I would offer, but I do not."

With a slow sigh, she composed herself, "I do not require the hand, for I acknowledge I am more than my blade. Having that said, for me to see the opportunity to protect the innocent, to have strength that I can use on their behalf, and to then turn from it because I fear that I may be harmed... that is no virtue. It is indolence."

Her expression set, she stated, "Let us see then, what I believe in my inner-self."
Chouri nodded. "I understand."

"Please close your eyes and form as complete and perfect a picture of yourself as you can."

As she said it, she put her hand gently on Yukara's shoulder just above where she had lost her arm, closing her own eyes.
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Yumi

Post by Yumi »

Like others, Yumi was on the edge of the days events. Simply observing from a place that others would deem unobtrusive. As a hunter, she was quite adept at finding such places.
Vagrant | Hunter | Loner | Tribal Ways | Follower of the Path | Dream Necklace | Jade Necklace | Great Destiny
What is Expected - Status: None - Glory: 1.0

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:04 pm
Akutou notes the approaches of Yukara and Reo to the ceremony.

"Seems we'll get t' see, one way or 'nother," he says.

"I c'n hope it'll be well."

An' that I c'n get at least one person out afore it all goes t' shit.
"Hopefully, Otomo-san! I cannot imagine the outrage to follow if something should go wrong." She found herself glancing around the house to see who else was in attendance. She wasn't so sure how seeing someone being able to regrow someone's arm might be taken well if they were already under suspicion or potentially eyed for prosecution.

"Oh, it seems that the ritual is about to start..." she trailed off as she saw the monk step up so that Chouri could work her skills. Miracle? Magic? Foul sorcery?
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Saru Shang wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:23 am
"Oh, it seems that the ritual is about to start..." she trailed off as she saw the monk step up so that Chouri could work her skills. Miracle? Magic? Foul sorcery?
"Yes'm," Akutou replies.

His attention is mostly on the ritual. He is also assessing exits. He'll be fine, but he's got his doubts about others. Not all of those present, but some of them.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Goju did not participate in the ceremony, but came to watch. It seemed unbelievable. He studied it to determine if he could find the truth in it.

((PM if you Approach))

Lore: Nezumi (Name Magic)/Int Seeker Tech | 5k2 ⇒ 24

Lore: Corruption/Int Seeker Tech | 5k2 ⇒ 18

Lore: Lying Darkness/Int Seeker Tech | 4k2 ⇒ 17
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara closed her eyes, and did as she was bid, trying to focus her mind on a memory, albeit a task easier said than done.

Deep breaths took her deeper into the meditative state, but her mind did not choose restful focus easily today.

--- Thoughts in PF ---
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Matsu

Post by Matsu »

Makime wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:40 pm
Makime was there, watching. Her expression was unreadable. The villagers hated her already, so she wasn't particularly concerned if she got glares from a few of them.

It was all rather perfunctory, and she would have been for more awed if the source of the healing wasn't already very suspect in her mind.
"Lady Makime." Matsu arrived to attend the event. She didn't trust the Demonfucker at all to take part, but she wasn't going to also stand by and watch others risk being Corrupted if she could stop it. She didn't have her polearm, but her daisho was very plainly worn, ready to be used.

The Amazon took a stand beside the lead of the Daimyo council, "This all sounds too good to be true."
Spider Clan | Bushi | Daimyo | Great Destiny | Amazonian | Bishamon smiles | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 7.0 | Status: 7.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor
Demonfucker Count: 7

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Ohta watched the ritual with interest. She was interested... but wary as always. But... maybe too wary. It had already gotten her in trouble, and it had been said that she should not live to her fears while here. So she watched, nervously fidgeting with some beads on her wrist.
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

After thinking on it, Reo sits down too, awaiting his turn.
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:10 am
Yukara closed her eyes, and did as she was bid, trying to focus her mind on a memory, albeit a task easier said than done.

Deep breaths took her deeper into the meditative state, but her mind did not choose restful focus easily today.

--- Thoughts in PF ---
Chouri waits until she seems settled, and murmurs something under her breath, over and over. Yukara can feel something shift in the air and for just a moment, the world itself feels like it shifts. All she can see is herself and Chouri sitting in the garden. The fog has cleared and it is warm and sunlit. Past the garden wall, she can hear the shouts of children as they run down the street and the singing of birds.

From the outside, all that's seen is the strange blurred effect around Yukara's arm.

Then she can feel something. Yukara can feel the fabric of her kimono under the fingers of her right hand.

Chouri opens her eyes and takes a breath. "How do you feel?"

[Yukara loses Missing Limb.]
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku's eyes widen. How was that possible?
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora's eyebrows went up.

Okay, we get Yukara someplace out of the way, we test her.

She passes... who can say?
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Satsuki's eyes narrowed, and crossed her arms.

Either it was some sort of dream-bullshit which meant the effect would go away once the leak of Yume-do was stopped (but wouldn't that make it corrupted because of Jigoku's interference), or it was just straight up heresy.

This place and its people must be purged once the Day of Thunder is over with. Leave nothing to give evil room to grow.

Turning around, she looked to Makime and Matsu. "This is surely nothing good, or anything coming from the kami or the Heavens. Corrupted and wrong," she muttered and stalked out. If she stayed, she'd just start burning the place now...

/exit
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Nao continued to watch Yukara. She had many, many questions. The first, however, was what would happen next?
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou's jaw drops open.

This has been a day of marvels for him.

What he learns in earlier threads might change the thoughts underlying, but the dropping jaw, that is likely to remain.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara, having no reason to question the miracle, no reason to fear, simply gazed in shock at the arm which had been hers... was taken... and was somehow hers again.

Raising her hand, she gazed at it with a mixture of fear and awe. After a long pause, she finally stuttered, "H...how... I had not... believed it."

Shaking her head, she glanced back to Chouri, and offered a bow. "Thank you... with this I will again serve as a blade against the darkness."

Rising, she stepped back, still feeling shock at how... normal... she felt.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme