Togashi Satsuki

Re: Unpleasant Truths (D5 EM Open)

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Satsuki was nothing if not a person who held her word, and she had given her word to have an outline for the Daimyo Council of Aunties of her plan and what would be needed.

So when she sought out one of them, Makime was the first one she saw... and then Sora. For an awkward moment she watched the two, then stepped forward. "Ah, uh... I hope I'm not interrupting anything?"
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Makime

Post by Makime »

"Of course it is," Makime shook her head, "And I assume Shinsei's current choice of abode is no accident. That shrine is not one to Inari, of that I am sure. Do you think..."

She paused, "...that Shinsei is playing host to this so called Champion of Jigoku? It tried to take Lord Hisomu before, denied a Child of Heaven." The Lioness nodded, letting Sora consider the implications.

Makime turned to the Dragon. "Yes, but it doesn't matter. I trust you to not do so without cause. Speak Satsuki-san."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Makime wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:43 pm
She paused, "...that Shinsei is playing host to this so called Champion of Jigoku? It tried to take Lord Hisomu before, denied a Child of Heaven." The Lioness nodded, letting Sora consider the implications.
"Something I discussed with Nozomi yesterday. I'm not entirely convinced it isn't in some way part of his plan. Hisomu held out in the heart of Jigoku for a time. I have little doubt that a man whose embodied hubris punched me in the face once might think he was able to hold out longer than he actually could."

At Satsuki's approach, Sora bowed and half-smiled.

"Some interruptions can save lives, Satsuki-san."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Togashi Satsuki

Satsuki's lips pursed as she sucked in her breath for a moment, looking between the two of them. Nope. Not touching that.

"I have a proper outline of how we can use the original idea of the ritual to defeat the Harbinger and Champion of Yume-Jigoku. And what we will need." With that, she produced a folded parchment from her satchel and presented it to Makime first, her being the highest status and the one who had been keeping order in camp. And Sora had appointed her to be in command.

The parchment described in neat points what would be needed of skill and labour, as well as materials, and a simplified explanation of the more esoteric side so that it could be understood by those who weren't familiar with more mystical knowledge.

"Four scrolls joined together, broken apart as part of the ritual. Each placed and sealed away at each cardinal point of the village. Each scroll containing magic specifically crafted to purify and combat the enemy. Our visiting Nezumi, Chuchu, should be able to provide a great deal of insight there considering how Jigoku has been using the realm of dreams to its advantage." She bit her lip for a moment. "We'll also need to pin down the cardinal directions, which I understand has been a challenge so far?"
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Makime

Post by Makime »

Makime read over it, then passed it to Sora, "I am not expert on matters spiritual but it is concrete enough. Or as can be expected from this affair."

While Sora was reading it the Lioness rubbed her chin in thought, "A challenge but one that might be simpler then it first appears. Surely someone in the village can provide the cardinal directions as they relate to the buildings. Are not all shrines oriented in a particular way?"
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Togashi Satsuki

"Normally yes," she admitted, "though it's hard to tell with this particular shrine, seeing as it is barred off from us approaching it to see... and well, our renegade-Teacher is hiding in there at the moment, right?" Now it was Satsuki's turn to rub her neck in an effort to think this through. "But speaking with the locals is a good idea. Maybe best suited to those working more closely with them like Sora or Zhe...?"

A moment of silence as she thought, followed by a brief grimace. "We also need to know everything we can about the shrine from Chouri and Enrou, if possible. I have an ill feeling that it's not a harmless shrine to Inari-no-kami, to be honest."
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora didn't even look up from the scroll as he pored over the bits he could actually understand.

"Real shrines to Inari-no-kami aren't harmless. This one, based on what we know of Chouri's actions over the last five years is almost certainly a perversion of any normal theology, and therefore even less so. I have her writing down an account of her methods and the choices she made. It's dangerous information,but it should help us head this sort of thing off in the future if used properly."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Makime

Post by Makime »

"Or help the next fool looking for easy power," Makime commented dryly, "I don't object to its making but please tell me you are keeping it to only a few libraries and with instructions to be carefully monitored. I'll speak to Chouri myself and make sure she understands the severity of her situation. And drag her back down to a place of you and your fellows choosing if I have to, Satsuki-san. I pray she truly wishes to undue some of the damage she has caused."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Well damn, there goes my plan to have a copy sent to every dojo in the Empire."

Carries:

Togashi Satsuki

"If one's a blasphemer or one who's drawn the ire of the spirits, most temples and shrines are unsafe to visit. I've yet to visit a holy site that would be harmful," Satsuki shrugged. "But I take your word for it that this shrine is most certainly been corrupted... the list of sins grow ever longer it seems."

She sighed, not really enjoying the topic of the headwoman.

Fuuuuuuuuck...

"I won't deny that she originally wrote the notes we found that I'm basing this on, but, I think it would be overall safer to not include her in further construction of our work on this. Not because I don't trust her willingness to help," to save her own skin, "but we can't know for sure if the Harbinger won't try to work through her again."

"For everyone's safety for this to work, I wouldn't want to have her further involved in this project. Isn't it better to keep her under watch so she doesn't try to escape when the opportunity arises?"
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I disagree. She wrote the notes. Her input should at least be informative. If you're going off of foundations laid when she was more directly involved, a course correction from her now might well be in order."

Carries:

Makime

Post by Makime »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:02 am
"Well damn, there goes my plan to have a copy sent to every dojo in the Empire."
"The Spider would probably have appreciated it given their duties. And Lord Hisomu and Lady Matsu would not tolerate misuse of it at the very least." Another dry barb back.

"A fair point Satsuki-san," Makime nodded, and sighed, "That is voice of my other worry. Even if she has a sincere desire to aid us...there is no guarantee the Harbinger will not use more subtle means of control. Something she would not even notice. But it can be done without her aid?"

Togashi Satsuki

"The Spider are well known with the signs of corruption, so that sounds like something to entrust them with. Or Naraku. I would trust his insight." A line of concern was on her forehead, worried for the situation of her fellow Dragon who was maybe compromised.

"I don't question her sincerity to walk a path of redemption, but I won't jeopardize the lives of everyone here and the future of humanity's realm and all the other realms for her redemption alone. Your disagreement is noted, but you won't get me to agree with it."
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I am simply stating that she can see the plan and make suggestions. Again, she wrote the basics of what you've built this upon when she had not even given lip service to redemption. You could always double-check the suggestions against your own knowledge."

Carries:

Makime

Post by Makime »

"Fruit of a tainted tree, Sora-san." Makime replied, "If we can do it without her that is the best option...because if we have to use her then we have to spend time double checking the work all over again. I only trust this much because Satsuki-san and her fellows have poured over it already."

"But let us move past this for now. It looks like we will need artisans and storytellers. That Doji boy you are fond of is a painter correct?" She says at Satsuki in particular, "And no child of Nanzi is without artistic talent, though gather hers is with sword and shamisen from what I have seen. I know your clan mate Saru Shang is a storyteller seeking inspiration. What better then a tale to save the world?"

Togashi Satsuki

Satsuki was not like the calm and collected Makime, who had been thrust into the role of leadership and managed the situation in camp with samurai of all the clans. She herself was fire and rarely afraid of speaking her mind... but this time she knew that doing so would be a Bad Idea, and closed her eyes for a steadying breath.

"Right, moving on," she nodded, letting go of the anger and moving on, and Satsuki opened her eyes to focus. "Shang could certainly weave a worthy story, of that I'm certain. And paint too... I'll see about getting her and Hikaru to work together on it, which shouldn't be too hard." Both would be eager to help out, she figured, and enjoy the opportunity for something artistic.

"Can you speak with the villagers about their markers for north, south, west, and east, Sora?"

------

D5 EM. Willpower against Contrary. Even spending Void here for +1k1. | 4k4 ⇒ 22 (TN: 20)
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I can."

He continued looking the scroll over without, it must be said, gleaning much.

"I don't know what sort of answers I'll receive, but I can certainly ask."

Carries:

Togashi Satsuki

"It's something to go by, and it's more than what we got at the moment."

Ugh. Leadership was exhausting. How did her parents put up with it, she wondered.

"We'll need paper or parchment, ink," her fingers were counting as she listed off, "fabric to protect the scrolls, wood or stone to decorate and close them."

Satsuki looked between the two. "The point of this is, and why I am wary of taking too much risk, is that it can go wrong." As she had learned, always consider how it can go wrong. "Not in that the ritual itself will go wrong, but say if we construct it for the purpose of containing the enemy's Champion... we also need the Thunders still to win the day. This alone won't assure us victory, but work side-by-side, victory is possible. With the odds more in our favor. But... that comes more back to the details we will need to work out with the shugenja and Chuchu." She sighed. "Just thought I'd let you both know the possibilities."
Theme | Profile

Makime

Post by Makime »

"Are there any other artists and storytellers we can bring into this?" Makime asks, "It may be best to combine their efforts, since I assume this must be a truly masterful work of art to work."

"It is something to place hope into at the very least. Who best to source the material components?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Kyosei came into town with some odds and ends. The Crab encampment has its own material stockpile. And if we have any ishiken, they might be able to convert matter."

Carries: