Hisomu Reo

Re: GM Questions

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Canary wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:07 pm

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:08 pm
Reo is going to be helping with constructing defenses, but while he is at it, is there anything like the Supernatural style demon/angel traps that he could whip up? Maybe not a perfect defense, but something that would be a spiritual threshold?
That would be ward spells.
Nothing non-magical? If that answer is no, that's fine, I just don't want to send the GMs scurrying over something that doesn't exist. I've done that a ton already :D
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:26 pm
Nothing non-magical? If that answer is no, that's fine, I just don't want to send the GMs scurrying over something that doesn't exist. I've done that a ton already :D
Sadly not.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:22 pm
Another question but regarding the expedition.

What are the skill rolls for locating spots perfect for ambushes and to place signaling traps?
Hunting or Stealth, TN 20.

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Canary wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:08 pm
Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:22 pm
Another question but regarding the expedition.

What are the skill rolls for locating spots perfect for ambushes and to place signaling traps?
INT? or another trait?
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:10 pm
Canary wrote:
INT? or another trait?
Perception, since you're looking for places that might be good.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Canary wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:14 pm
Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Canary wrote:
INT? or another trait?
The second part was to place the traps. Would that be also Hun/Stealth with INT?
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Did we change Ebisu's Blessing? I was under the impression we were still working with the changed version since there isn't a strong caste divide yet. :) (Just saw it used as written in the Corebook so got confused)

viewtopic.php?p=52#p52
Altered Advantages

Seven Fortunes' Blessing: Ebisu - Whenever you are engaging in a Craft skill roll to improve life for your Clan, whether creating tools for them, farming, or fishing, you may add +0k1 to the to the total of the Craft roll in question. This bonus does not apply to Craft: Weaponsmith unless you are creating a weapon for someone else.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:33 pm
Did we change Ebisu's Blessing? I was under the impression we were still working with the changed version since there isn't a strong caste divide yet. :) (Just saw it used as written in the Corebook so got confused)

viewtopic.php?p=52#p52
Altered Advantages

Seven Fortunes' Blessing: Ebisu - Whenever you are engaging in a Craft skill roll to improve life for your Clan, whether creating tools for them, farming, or fishing, you may add +0k1 to the to the total of the Craft roll in question. This bonus does not apply to Craft: Weaponsmith unless you are creating a weapon for someone else.
We are still working with the version in Altered Advantages, why?

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:17 pm
Canary wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:14 pm
Hiruma Naraku wrote:

INT? or another trait?
The second part was to place the traps. Would that be also Hun/Stealth with INT?
Yeah

Togashi Satsuki

Canary wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:45 pm
We are still working with the version in Altered Advantages, why?
Just checking. :) Also noticing I misread a roll, so it's all good! No crisis! :D
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Togashi Satsuki

Just to clarify to make sure I'm not freaking out over spring flowers in... well, spring. :D But we are in the end of winter, start of spring now?
Theme | Profile

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Would it be possible, as part of a multi-part check, to build a prosthetic for Yukara?
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Canary

Post by Canary »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:09 pm
Just to clarify to make sure I'm not freaking out over spring flowers in... well, spring. :D But we are in the end of winter, start of spring now?
We are at the end of winter. The world is only just starting to show hints of waking up - these are later spring flowers that shouldn't be in full bloom already.
Hisomu Reo wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:17 pm
Would it be possible, as part of a multi-part check, to build a prosthetic for Yukara?
It would be multi-part and high difficulty, but yes.

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Since I'm working, can I have Goju assist others in rolls in the scout Thread because he's there even if I'm not.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

A moment of your time, please! Thank you!
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hisomu Goju wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:49 pm
Since I'm working, can I have Goju assist others in rolls in the scout Thread because he's there even if I'm not.
Sure.
Saru Shang wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:49 pm
A moment of your time, please! Thank you!
Answered in that thread.

Togashi Satsuki

Subject: Event #2: An Unexpected Visitor
Canary wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:59 pm
[This event is open to anyone who succeeded at the D2 sleep event, and either made the Earth Roll or did not eat during the Feast.]

Finally. Finally you're getting some decent, restful sleep. The dreams aren't horrifying nightmares. You can sleep period. Everything is perfect.

Rules: Please make a separate thread for each character. You will first roll an Investigation (Notice)/Perception test, TN 30. If you succeed, stand by for a post. If you fail, please roll Raw Earth, TN 20.

Please note which event you are in. You may only do one.

Just knowing I will fail the Investigation roll. :lol:

So asking now: Does Touched by Tengoku or Jade apply to the Earth roll? (or is it something that Jurojin's Blessing applies to?)
Theme | Profile

Canary

Post by Canary »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:02 pm
Just knowing I will fail the Investigation roll. :lol:

So asking now: Does Touched by Tengoku or Jade apply to the Earth roll? (or is it something that Jurojin's Blessing applies to?)
Both!

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

For the one if we failed earth, does Jade also apply?