Hisomu Reo

Re: Purification of the Form [D5, EE, Event]

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Reo was curious, ever since he heard of the talk that Enrou had spoken of. This was a dark miracle, one that smacked of the things that had tempted him. And yet...that was why he had come, wasn't it? One great adventure? One last time out because everyone in his life was outrunning him?

He wasn't aging like he should. Could he have a different life, one without the constant pain that lingered with him? He certainly had friends enough to fill a void. Why wouldn't he explore the inexplicable.
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:47 pm
-snip-
"Sora-san...if I seem different. If I change. If I must be put down? Do it. Don't regret it. But I..."

He looks at the ceremony.

"I have to know"

Reo limps forward. "Are you still taking applicants?"
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:57 pm
As none had warned her against it, and indeed she was ignorant of much of what had transpired, she had no reason to say no, save her own lingering doubts.

So she approached.

"I do not claim to understand this, Chouri-san, but if it can restore my claws, I will take part. I wish the strength to defend this realm, and the people in it. I am not too proud to accept aid in that task."

Taking a steadying breath, she inquired, "What must I do?"
Chouri smiled as she spoke. "If you wish, Ryoshun-sama, I would be happy to help. But... before you do, please consider it carefully. a cat is more than its claws. You've shown yourself to be exceptional with or without them." She said with a nod. "But if you still wish it, please come and sit close to me."

The villagers seem a little surprised, but watch intently how it plays out.
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara let out a slow breath, and took a seat across from Chouri, stating simply, "Is there reason I should fear? Am I wrong to wish the strength to contest the monsters which take so many lives? Such as those who burnt down those homes, not even a week hence?"

She did not sound angry, or even particularly argumentative. These were sincere questions, and she listened closely to the answer, as if attempting to suss out the truthfulness of Chouri's replies.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Nao watched closely.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Hiruma Naraku

Re: Purification of the Form [D5, EA, Event]

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:55 pm
Zhe was present as well, spear at rest, armor partially hidden under a cloak bearing the Wu mon and a straw hat hiding most of his face save his mouth.

Beads slowly flipping in his free hand, he faced partially outwards. His body language relaxed but clear: he was here to protect the assembly and Chouri during the ritual.
Naraku was slightly delayed to the ritual, but made an appearance never the less.

He was curious about participating but upon spotting Wu Zhe, decided to first head over to the Dragon.

He greeted him warmly once he reached him.

"Wu-san," he said in a warm tone, his gaze reassuring. "How do you fair?"
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:33 pm
snip
The dragon bowed gently

''Hiruma-sama'' his eyes were still hidden under his hat but he could be seen smiling

''I fair as well as the circumstances allow. And yourself?''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:40 pm
"Glad t' know you're okay," Akutou replies. "Had a rough night last night, but else, I've been more'r less okay.

"An' I'll confess to a powerful curiosity 'bout this here thing. Been a lot goin' int'restin'ly, an' I've heard tell o' miracles at work here. Be somethin' t' see one, y' know?"

He nods. "Be a better sight'n sev'ral I've seen."
"Rough is most certainly a word for it," she said with a long blink on that matter. Not that she would know how a previous life would feel but it was certainly convincing enough to make her feel like she was plucked from another time. Almost real enough to make her wonder if it happened, once a upon time.

"I'm a bit cautious when it comes to miracles around the Kami Empire. I think since the arrival of the Kami, we've become a bit more educated on what is a true blessing and what are merely false ways," she said in a half-whisper as she drew out her fan to tap on her chin, all while being unaware of how that might sound from a society was that still in its feudal stages itself. "I'm sure we'll see something because the promise of healing, especially when presented to those who need it the most, is not something that can be easily glossed over. It's far easier that a cripple will walk again than someone replacing their missing hand!"
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:38 pm
snip
"I'm good," his hand instinctively goes to his chest, the memory of his dream still fresh. "Better now. Much better."

He looks at Chouri as she gives her ministrations.

"I am glad she made the right choice. I had my suspicions hence the tale I shared with her," he turns back to Wu and smiles. "Though I think you might have had the most to do with her change of heart."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:48 pm
snip
Zhe chuckled but shook his head

''No...we might have given her a hand but her strength was her own.'' he turned his head for a moment, looking at Chouri ''You do not rebel on a zeni, Hiruma-sama...that was something she had been preparing for a long time''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Saru Shang wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:42 pm
snip
Akutou notes the approaches of Yukara and Reo to the ceremony.

"Seems we'll get t' see, one way or 'nother," he says.

"I c'n hope it'll be well."

An' that I c'n get at least one person out afore it all goes t' shit.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:52 pm
snip
He turned towards Chouri and nodded. "I hope that it is not too late. I really hope not," he commented. "No matter her intentions there were things that were less than fortunate and that is putting lightly."

"I read the scroll, Satsuki and me translated it, so we know that her goal aligned with ours and maybe, give her knowledge on the enemy, it might just work. Let us hope that when we win that is taken into consideration."

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:07 pm
snip
''I have faith'' he simply stated, at first

''Power and priviledge often blinds us, Hiruma-sama. Jigoku would have never gotten it's claws into her had Tengoku not turned it's gaze away.''

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:13 pm
Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:07 pm
snip
''I have faith'' he simply stated, at first

''Power and priviledge often blinds us, Hiruma-sama. Jigoku would have never gotten it's claws into her had Tengoku not turned it's gaze away.''
He considers his words for a moment, his gaze still on the ceremony being performed.

"In the end we are the owners of our actions. We might have the same goal but sometimes it does depends on the methods we utilize," he sighs closing his eyes and shaking his head; the Crane had certainly do a number on him. "Yet what we must now do is to trust on each other. We must trust that we will see this through and that we will defeat Yume-Jigoku."

He looks at him with a bright smile.

"We can go back to our squabbles once Ningen-Do is saved."

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:17 pm
Yukara let out a slow breath, and took a seat across from Chouri, stating simply, "Is there reason I should fear? Am I wrong to wish the strength to contest the monsters which take so many lives? Such as those who burnt down those homes, not even a week hence?"

She did not sound angry, or even particularly argumentative. These were sincere questions, and she listened closely to the answer, as if attempting to suss out the truthfulness of Chouri's replies.
She shook her head. "There is no reason to fear. The farther along things proceed, though, the more who you are and what you believe will matter more than strength of arms." She said. "Sometimes a loss creates a new perspective. When you're holding a hammer, everything can look like a nail, and you forget your other tools."

"That said, though, Ryoshun-sama, there are no wrong choices here. I simply want you to know your options, and to know that you are not less than you were."

Played by GM Canary

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:20 pm
snip
''I trust you, Hiruma-sama. I trust many here. I trust her above all.'' he nodded towards Chouri

''I cannot imagine the life she had to live.''

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara listened, and then inquired, "Can this ritual... go wrong?"

An interesting question, and one which betrayed some internal questioning, perhaps, of what was happening.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:29 pm
Yukara listened, and then inquired, "Can this ritual... go wrong?"

An interesting question, and one which betrayed some internal questioning, perhaps, of what was happening.
She took a deep breath through her nose, coughed and hacked for a few moments, into a cloth, then shook her head to clear it. "If you can an incomplete or loose mental image of yourself, the healing can be incomplete or ineffective," she explained. "It uses your own deep self-conception to work."

Played by GM Canary

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:29 pm
Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:20 pm
snip
''I trust you, Hiruma-sama. I trust many here. I trust her above all.'' he nodded towards Chouri

''I cannot imagine the life she had to live.''
"Naraku," he smiles at the Wu. "Just Naraku. We are all heading to the same battle and if we fail, our deaths will be equal."

"Good thing we will not fail."

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

"Perhaps you need it, healer."

Yukara looked concerned. "If I had the talent, I would offer, but I do not."

With a slow sigh, she composed herself, "I do not require the hand, for I acknowledge I am more than my blade. Having that said, for me to see the opportunity to protect the innocent, to have strength that I can use on their behalf, and to then turn from it because I fear that I may be harmed... that is no virtue. It is indolence."

Her expression set, she stated, "Let us see then, what I believe in my inner-self."

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:46 pm
snip
''Good thing indeed Naraku. Call me Zhe''