Wu Zhe

Re: EE D6 - The Choosing of the Thunders (Key Event)

Post by Wu Zhe »

His heart clenched.

He was a simple man wishing only for a simple life but destiny called him somewhere else, putting so much now on his shoulders

He was silent for a second then nodded in acceptance.
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:18 am
Ai was ready for the moment in full battle kit. She was worthy no matter the decision in her mind.

OOC: Not resisting, Great Destiny and Lucid Dreaming, that's it spiritually.
In the moment that it all began, it became easier to continue. If anything, she could not stop it. She didn't want to stop it. If she stopped, she might not continue on. They had to finish this. Her eyes canted away. They passed over Nanzi Ai for a moment and went to look at her old friend Sora, only to know for certain. He had been the Knowledge once. Another would stand in that stead this time. Then, she felt her gaze come back again, pausing at Ai once more and she fidgeted.

She chided herself for her assumptions.
Nanzi wrote:“I volunteer but will not be judged by you, whose hubris nearly killed the Thunder, who ran when we needed him most. Nanzi will not be judged by a charlatan prophet, no matter your gifts. It is only Courtesy that stays any further disdain of your person.”
She could see her father still, proudly, angrily calling out Shinsei that day. They had always had a difference of outlook, and Matsu's near death had been a breaking point. It had been tense. Yet, still he had served. None could doubt his courage, his willingness to serve. Nozomi bit her lip as she looked at his daughter, those eyes boring into her. And there, she saw pools of introspection, a willingness to look within so different from her father. She was so much like her mother. Certainty, but calm and reflection. Where she could have imagined Nanzi bold in his proclamations, she would look within to find that certainty.

"You are your father's daughter, but you are also your mother's," she said as she looked at her. "Some part of you looks within yourself to find the truth overlooked. Looks for answers before what must be done. To find truth within the dream, souls who can search within themselves and know themselves with absolute certainty must be found, ones who can embody the Teacher's willingness to rethink. I see that introspection I saw every day in the Teacher in your eyes. It will be needed."

She idly wondered if Nanzi would hate her for saying his daughter reminded her of Shinsei. The thought passed.

(OOC: Nanzi Ai is Selected as the Thunder of Introspection)
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai let out a breath she was unaware she was holding and said, "I am humbled, Little Teacher."
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:27 pm
Ai let out a breath she was unaware she was holding and said, "I am humbled, Little Teacher."
Naraku gazes at Ai with happiness. If there was someone that deserved it, it was her.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Matsu wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:19 am
Matsu would be there. If it wasn't her Destiny, then that would be that. She would still fight Darkness and Evil, in her own way.

Standing with Lady Anjing, she was curious as to how this would go.

OOC: Great Destiny, Bishamon's Blessing, Lucid Dreaming. No Spiritual Disadvantages, will not resist the Scouter reading.
She had been trying to avoid Matsu's gaze. It was selfish. Damnit, it was selfish. Matsu had almost died because of her husband not once, but twice. Her father was gone, and her father was an old friend. Nozomi didn't want to look, not because she thought Matsu was unworthy, but because she frequently assumed she was worthy. People here included those who knew she was a potential thunder for years now. They all assumed, and she both feared that the assumed too much. She also selfishly did not want her friend, her 'niece' to be in peril again. Nozomi knew better.
Shinsei wrote:"Yamadono. Your strength and devotion to protection of family, to those who need you as their unwavering shield, makes you ideal for this journey. Your fellows will need you to stand against the strength of Jigoku."
She remembered those words as much as she remembered Nanzi's as he'd stormed off. She remembered that Matsu boldly proclaimed her courage in the face of danger, but that she always lived up to it, that she'd nearly died more than once. She remembered Shinsei, his willingness to bring so many to the very lip of hell, his willingness to shoulder the burden, even if it cost him everything. She sighed and walked up to her, nodding once.

"You know what I have to tell you. Where once your father was the mountain and wall that protected those who descended into the darkness, you stand as ready as ever. You may not walk away from this journey, Matsu. I know it." And she didn't want to lose her too. "But you will do what you have to to protect everyone, no matter who they are. No matter if they thank you. Even it it costs you everything. Just like he did. You will be there, at the front."

(OOC: Matsu is selected as the Thunder of Protection)
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:27 pm
She froze just after speaking to Matsu and quivered. "i... I am not him. I will never be him. I am just Nozomi," she said over her shoulder, looking back at her and smiling a little sadly. "But you will do well. I ... I am sure of it."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:25 am
Naraku makes his way to the gathering. He is nervous, how could he not be, but submits himself to the inspection.

---
OOC: Great Destiny, no spiritual disadvantages, does not resist

Also got Lucid Dreamer and Inner Gift
She walked up to Naraku next, and when she did, she remembered a moment a time long before...
Phi wrote:She reached down, taking a small pairing knife. It was just a cheap brass thing that people used often enough in cleaning and maintenance. she reached back to the tied ponytail of her hair with one hand. "I have, finally, learned who I am. What I am meant to do. Today, I announce before you that I am putting aside my past, to seek a new future. A girl with the name of Phi went into the shadowlands. And now that we cross the River Seido. She will leave that girl behind, and take up a new path. I am hereby renouncing my name, my tie to the Hikaru, and setting upon a new path. If Shinsei will have a student at his side, then one named Nozomi will be glad to travel with him. I choose the name because it means Hope, and I want to believe Hope is what we have claimed this day." And with that, she cut the ponytail and set it and a good lock of her hair down on the table, tied and resting there.
"You once said that you thought of yourself as Jaded," she said with a small smile. "I admit, as I look at you now I am reminded of the time when there was a blood-stained killer who traveled across a river to help save a god. She was jaded. She was hard, cold and bitter. Her eyes looked for enemies in all corners. And, just like you once said of the words of the Teacher, she was changed in that journey, through his words. That girl passed when she crossed the river again, beginning again. You are not the man that you once were. Each of us is changed. Even the Teacher could be changed. In Rebirth, we become strong. You will rise from the ashes, Hiruma, finding new purpose as your people have found purpose."

(OOC: Hiruma Naraku is selected as Thunder of Rebirth.)

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

She was pleased and then concerned but they were stronger together. She gave Naraku a respectful nod.

Stronger together.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Hantei Genji wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:00 am
Genji stood patiently in line with the others, seeing Anjing up ahead. He waved at the veteran warrior who was among those who saved his life.

OOC:
Great Destiny
Child of Chikushuudo
Lucid Dreaming
Lord Moon's Curse 2
Her eyes locked with Kinsen's son and she knew. It was unavoidable that she knew it would be this way. Kinsen had yearned to take the place of her husband long ago, to not put him at risk. She had always been the sort who knew who she was, and who had nothing but clarity in everything that she did. Why was her son any different, even if perhaps... less brash than his mother at times could be.

She walked to him, her eyes locking with his. "Hantei Genji. In you, I see what I remember of your mother. I remember the clear-headedness your father had, that he would give up that which was so precious to him for the sake of his sibling. Certainty, Clarity of Purpose, Truth? It is needed. You must all be clear-headed. Even in the moments of greatest doubt, Shinsei was always certain." Up... until the last. That lack of certainty and clarity had been there the very day that he'd been lost to her. It ached inside of her. She should have seen the signs in that moment. "Against the moments of confusion, where the brightest light shines in the eyes in the midst of the greatest darkness, you must remain lucid, clear hearted. Be pure and with clarity like the waters of a still, silent pool. They will need that."

(OOC: Hantei Genji is selected as the Thunder of Clarity)

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku's eyes widened as the woman stopped in front of him. He stumbled to find any words, merely managing to produce a simple nod.

"I don't know what to say. It is an honor"

He finally managed to word, before looking towards Ai and producing a small smile.

He would make sure she survives.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Bayushi Norikage

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

Norikage saw.the souls being gathered for the task that lay ahead. He was confident they would do what they needed to. He didn't know then all, but had.met some and others had a reputation that preceded them.

Maybe this would turn out.
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Matsu

Post by Matsu »

Nozomi wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:58 pm
Matsu wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:19 am
Matsu would be there. If it wasn't her Destiny, then that would be that. She would still fight Darkness and Evil, in her own way.

Standing with Lady Anjing, she was curious as to how this would go.

OOC: Great Destiny, Bishamon's Blessing, Lucid Dreaming. No Spiritual Disadvantages, will not resist the Scouter reading.
She had been trying to avoid Matsu's gaze. It was selfish. Damnit, it was selfish. Matsu had almost died because of her husband not once, but twice. Her father was gone, and her father was an old friend. Nozomi didn't want to look, not because she thought Matsu was unworthy, but because she frequently assumed she was worthy. People here included those who knew she was a potential thunder for years now. They all assumed, and she both feared that the assumed too much. She also selfishly did not want her friend, her 'niece' to be in peril again. Nozomi knew better.
Shinsei wrote:"Yamadono. Your strength and devotion to protection of family, to those who need you as their unwavering shield, makes you ideal for this journey. Your fellows will need you to stand against the strength of Jigoku."
She remembered those words as much as she remembered Nanzi's as he'd stormed off. She remembered that Matsu boldly proclaimed her courage in the face of danger, but that she always lived up to it, that she'd nearly died more than once. She remembered Shinsei, his willingness to bring so many to the very lip of hell, his willingness to shoulder the burden, even if it cost him everything. She sighed and walked up to her, nodding once.

"You know what I have to tell you. Where once your father was the mountain and wall that protected those who descended into the darkness, you stand as ready as ever. You may not walk away from this journey, Matsu. I know it." And she didn't want to lose her too. "But you will do what you have to to protect everyone, no matter who they are. No matter if they thank you. Even it it costs you everything. Just like he did. You will be there, at the front."

(OOC: Matsu is selected as the Thunder of Protection)
Matsu stood a little taller, though there wasn't pride or arrogance there. It was yet another duty to fulfill. She breathed in, before bowing her head to her Auntie Nozomi.

"My life, for the rest of the world? I pay it gladly."
Spider Clan | Bushi | Daimyo | Great Destiny | Amazonian | Bishamon smiles | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 7.0 | Status: 7.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor
Demonfucker Count: 7

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Tadaka smiles at his brother’s name being called. He believed in him. He just better live. He doesn't want to be the one bringing the news to their parents.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:17 pm
Naraku's eyes widened as the woman stopped in front of him. He stumbled to find any words, merely managing to produce a simple nod.

"I don't know what to say. It is an honor"
"Go, Naraku!" Ayako cheered, pumping her fist as Hiruma Naraku's name was called. "You'll be the BEST thunder!!"

The young Crab felt self-conscious for a moment as she realized the other clans were not cheering for their champions. Was ... was she making a scene?

Ahh, screw it, she decided at last. "Gooooo Naraku!!" she shouted again.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Akodo Kenji wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:42 am
There had been a meeting called this day and Kenji wasn't going to skip. Arriving at the field he took a position near Makime and waited to see what exactly would happen.

He hadn't met this monk after all, not really. But she at least didn't seem the punchy type, so that was certainly a plus.

((Spiritual Advantage (Great Destiny/ Disadvantage Cursed by Yume-do - Won't resist the Vulcan mind meld.)
Nozomi looked at Kenji and it took a moment to really see him. She walked up to him, the raven-haired woman staring straight into his very soul. They had never met, and that was little surprise. She never really saw eye to eye with most Lions, and so she never quite felt comfortable with them. It was nothing against them. It was that part of her whose hands were indeed stained in blood. She felt awkward in their presence, and as she looked at the honest, endearing young man she couldn't help but think to herself 'Kami, but I would have trouble being around you.'

And she felt the pang in her heart. Those moments when Shinsei was honorable to a fault, honest when it hurt him, they were the hardest times to be around him. She felt like she didn't belong in his presence, like she was too much an old fighter and he was always so much more holy. Of course, then he would do something when nobody was looking to disabuse her of that thought, but ... in public it was always harder. So much harder, and just staring at this man, she remembered the ache of being around honorable men and how hard their expectations could be.

"We have not met, yet I see it in you. Part of you is exacting, fully of integrity. So much unlike the woman I was, but so much like the man the Teacher always was. You are an honorable person, and you know your place in the heavens and on earth." She nodded once. "You know where your place will be, beside the others."

(Akodo Kenji is selected as the Thunder of Honor.)

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:27 pm
"Go, Naraku!" Ayako cheered, pumping her fist as Hiruma Naraku's name was called. "You'll be the BEST thunder!!"

The young Crab felt self-conscious for a moment as she realized the other clans were not cheering for their champions. Was ... was she making a scene?

Ahh, screw it, she decided at last. "Gooooo Naraku!!" she shouted again.
Ai did not shout but she fluttered Naraku's fan in appreciation of the Crab enthusiasm.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:27 pm
Snip
His cheeks flared at her display. Still, it felt good to receive cheers for once.

He caressed the hilt of his new fan, finding satisfaction in his new role. Had the future always been this bright?

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji »

Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:22 pm
Tadaka smiles at his brother’s name being called. He believed in him. He just better live. He doesn't want to be the one bringing the news to their parents.
Genji bowed and accepted his role in the coming war. "I will do what I can."

He glanced back to his...brother. A warm smile spread across his face. "Brother..." he was heavy with a mix of emotions, but he focused on the positive ones. "I am sure my children are looking forward to meeting their uncle."
Stag Prodigy * Potential Thunderstag * Golden Boy * Happily married
Honor: Honorable * Status: 4.0 * Glory: 2.0

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:06 pm
Nao waited patiently. She studied everyone gathered, as if trying to determine the heroes herself. How would the story of this moment go?

- - -
Great Destiny
Lucid Dreaming
She walked up to Nao next, her eyes locking with her as she looked at the little scholar. "Shinsei could, at times, be the sort of person who could be almost infuriating in how he seemed to know everything. There were moments when my teacher was unaware, when he was surprised by something. But every time, he refused to let that stop him. He plugged that hole in his experience and filled his knowledge so that he would have what he needed." She remembered even as she said it the time when she and he had been forced, alongside Shosuro, to study a thing that none of them even understood, that they had barely known existed.

When she had spoken with him the first time of the dreams of a faceless Bayushi, of the threat there, he had not known it even existed. He had refused to rest until they had known what they needed, regardless of the risk. "To know the impossible, to embrace and implement a new revelation in the face of what none of us have ever seen. To seal it with the power of that knowledge, it must be present. I see that in you." She was fashioning the scrolls. She must be there.

(OOC: Ryoshun Nao is selected as Thunder of Knowledge)

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:23 pm
He was silent for a second then nodded in acceptance.
The ratling shyly goes to hug Wu Zhe. She doesn't know him, but she saw him near Chouri, and the woman seemed to trust him... her little arms squeeze him once as she whispers a little blessing in her people's tongue.

"To show mercy to another is an act of great Name, and one of the first signs one is more than just an animal. Do not give in to any call for revenge when grace can be chosen instead, and your Name will echo across eternity."

She scampers over to Ai, next...
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.