Nozomi

D7 EN - One Teacher Falls, Another Returns (Open)

Post by Nozomi »

Nozomi collapsed in a heap as the adrenaline wore off. Unlike almost everyone who was present, she was barely hurt by her experiences. It wasn't her place to put her life in harm's way. She was only there to witness the end, the bravery of those who had. As she collapsed, she felt herself shake and she looked down at hands, droplets of tears falling down and staining her handwraps. She blinked them away. No. She would cry those tears when the others weren't here. The tears would show her hand, and in the end she had one last secret to keep, one last promise to hold old Sora to.

It took an effort, but finally she calmed and her eyes lifted up towards those who came, those who had survived one more trip into the depths of hell. Her gaze scanned for familiar faces, and she could not help but imagine some would not come into view. Part of her wondered if they would judge her for what he had become. No. That would wait. It would all wait.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Otomo Akutou

Re: D7 EN - One Teacher Falls, Another Returns (Open)

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akutou, carrying his full kit, flops down nearby.

He tips his hat to Nozomi, saying "Ma'am," as he does to announce himself.

It's been a day, after all, and he's not been equal to it.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:56 pm
-snip-
It had been a lifetime. She looked over at him and sighed, rubbing at her eyes and just looking a little tired. "We made it out. It is done. The champion is cleansed. For another thousand years, our children will know peace. It cost us, but... at least there is that." She sounded very tired as she said it, but still, she managed a weary smile. "Good to see you in one piece."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Nozomi wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:08 pm
Snip
It had been a lifetime. She looked over at him and sighed, rubbing at her eyes and just looking a little tired. "We made it out. It is done. The champion is cleansed. For another thousand years, our children will know peace. It cost us, but... at least there is that." She sounded very tired as she said it, but still, she managed a weary smile. "Good to see you in one piece."
Akutou grunts something that might be a laugh.

"'Preciated, ma'am."

He looks at her a bit more intently.

"Saw who came out an' who didn't. My condolences, ma'am. I know you were close t' your teacher."
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:11 pm
-snip-
She winced and then nodded, giving him a smile. "I was his first student. He was and is a good man. What they slew... it was not him. He fought the darkness to the last, but even the Teacher is a mortal like all of us." She closed her eyes and shook her head. "But they brought him peace. The Champion would not undo what he had wanted to help build."

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Nozomi wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:18 pm
Snip
Akutou doffs his hat as Nozomi speaks, bows his head.

When she's done, he resumes his hat.

"What'll you do now, ma'am?" Akutou asks. "I mean, when my teacher dies, there's another gonna step in. Not me; I ain't that good. But you'd be th' one t' hafta step in, wouldn't you?"

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:22 pm
-snip-
"For some of us," she said a touch ruefully. "The path finds us. In many ways, that is what happened to me. I did not find the path, but it found me. I ... am not the equal of the Teacher, and never have been. At best, I am a pale shadow to what he was during his life. But, if that is what I must do, then that is what I must do. I think the path is ... mostly clear before me. At least for the moment."

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Nozomi wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:32 pm
Snip
Another nod from Akutou.

"If'n I might ask," he says, "which way're you headin' first? I know I'm bound back south, an' I'd not mind walkin' wi' you if'n you're headin' thataway."

He shrugs.

"Won't hurt m' feelin's're nothin' if'n y'ain't."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:35 pm
-snip-
"The exact direction will depend on some things out of my control. I must speak with Shiba." This was a known fact. She would have to give him an account, and that conversation might involve a decision on his part. "I May be returning to the south. But first, I must see what the Emperor will require of me."

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Nozomi wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:42 pm
Snip
The chuckle Akutou gives is a much more honest one.

"There's some benefit in bein' s' far from th' mighty, then," he says. "I'll be able t' head out tomorro', an' I don't think many'd be sad t' see me go. Them as actually sees it happen, that is. Might could slip out wi'out attractin' much notice. Got here that way, after all."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:45 pm
-snip-
"A useful trick to have. I haven't had it for quite some time. Ever since I crossed the Seido that once, no matter how I try to pretend otherwise, I find myself at the center of something or another." It could be infuriating. "If I allowed myself to envy something, it is that freedom."

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

The door rustles. Reo is there with a pot of rice porridge.

"You should eat."

He sits down in silence. After a pause.

"You'll always be welcome to visit Spider lands so long as I'm there. You did Susumu a kindness too."

He sits again awkwardly
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:35 am
The door rustles. Reo is there with a pot of rice porridge.

"You should eat."

He sits down in silence. After a pause.

"You'll always be welcome to visit Spider lands so long as I'm there. You did Susumu a kindness too."

He sits again awkwardly
She took the porridge with a small smile and looked down at it. "Thank you. I should." The motion of eating was mechanical. No taste. She'd eaten this way many times before. "It's good to know that there will always be a home amongst the Spider for me and mine. We've seen too much together. As often as I spend in the south these days, I don't come up enough... maybe now we finally have time."

She swallowed, glancing up at him. "How bad was it, in the town? I could only witness the final battle for the most part. We had to stay together." And in the end, she had to watch, not participate.

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

"Compared to what you've seen? What you just dealt with? It was a kami blessed paradise." Reo leans back. The comforting patients had never been his strength, but Nozomi (always Phi to him) was an old friend

"There were a few of fetish things, but we had them in hand. Things were dangerous but compared to the scrapes we've seen...they did ambush the Harbinger but they got the drop on her. It. After that getting people out was in good order. Now the question...what do we do with the people?
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:05 am
"Compared to what you've seen? What you just dealt with? It was a kami blessed paradise." Reo leans back. The comforting patients had never been his strength, but Nozomi (always Phi to him) was an old friend

"There were a few of fetish things, but we had them in hand. Things were dangerous but compared to the scrapes we've seen...they did ambush the Harbinger but they got the drop on her. It. After that getting people out was in good order. Now the question...what do we do with the people?
"Good. She's dead too." Did anything in Jigoku truly die? She wasn't going to think long and hard on that, but it was important that she fall too. "As for the people? I'm sure that they will be well taken care of. Shiba is here, and the part they played will be remembered." At least that was her hope. he was a good man.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

"Th' Emperor's here?"

Akutou starts up, looking about in something that looks very much like panic.

"Might not be able t' make a quiet exit, after all."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:52 am
"Th' Emperor's here?"

Akutou starts up, looking about in something that looks very much like panic.

"Might not be able t' make a quiet exit, after all."
"Here with his legions," she said, giving him a little easing motion to suggest he relax. "Don't worry. He hasn't made any summons yet. I've heard he may have taken some wounds in the defense. I... expect to need to meet him soon enough. He will want an account."

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Nozomi wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:48 pm
Snip
"I'd 'magine so," Akutou says as he glances around again and resumes his seat. "An' I don't envy you gettin' t' make it, neither."

He sighs.

"How d' you do it?" he asks. "How d' you stand havin' t' be th' one ev'rybody looks to?"