Togashi Satsuki

Re: Shinsei's Briefing [Event, D1 MM]

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Saru Shang wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:50 pm
"Oh, no no...I would never expect anyone to ask for coin so directly, that would be most improper. But I suppose some in hint or call to action could be dropped, such as not having had breakfast yet or being extremely thirsty. Heavens, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter, considering we've been told to not drink from the river a few times. That alone would make a lot of people thirsty around here," she gave a shake of her head and she took another look around to account of people here. "I suppose that would mean everyone has to make do with sake and spirits. Who knows what sort of implications that might bring with a gathering this large."

"At the moment, yes. Monks can be rather fluid in the stance that they adopt. I suppose all of us could use a stone in our lives with so much uncertainty of the present. Maybe the message is that having a constant leaning post is both inspirational and burdensome at the same time. We find ourselves surrounded by people and judged at all times. In a sense, us watching him and really watching ourselves. This is actually quite deep and quite thought-provoking. I was expecting the festivities to be more festive, to be honest. I'm not complaining, especially when my breakfast is food for thought, clearly!"
"I think I heard that the water drown from the village well is safe though, but so far I still have some water left from outside the village." Not much but something, enough to make another batch of tea if needed.

Satsuki listened with great interest to Shang's observations, nodding thoughtfully at points. "Maybe the festivities will come later, as we start the day with something more thought-provoking, mhm?" she suggested with a clever smile. "It sounds like this has given you lots to think about though, can we expect a performance of sorts from you?"
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:39 pm
snip
Ohta takes the water bottle thankfully, opening it and taking a sip. It helped.

"A local? No, no... just arrived yesterday actually after a long trip. I'm Reiko Ohta, of the Spider. Woke up a bit foggy I'm afraid is all."

Maybe it was staying up late, maybe it was the weather, maybe it was the different environment after the long trip. Or a combination.
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:56 pm
Ohta takes the water bottle thankfully, opening it and taking a sip. It helped.

"A local? No, no... just arrived yesterday actually after a long trip. I'm Reiko Ohta, of the Spider. Woke up a bit foggy I'm afraid is all."

Maybe it was staying up late, maybe it was the weather, maybe it was the different environment after the long trip. Or a combination.
"You, too, huh?" Akutou asks.

"Heard some stuff in an' around last night. Weren't tryin' to, mind, an' didn't catch any o' the gist, but sound carries weird in th' fog. You up carousin' an' such last night?"
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:05 pm
"You, too, huh?" Akutou asks.

"Heard some stuff in an' around last night. Weren't tryin' to, mind, an' didn't catch any o' the gist, but sound carries weird in th' fog. You up carousin' an' such last night?"
...a hard to understand dialect. Certainly rough around the edges. But she made do.

"Carousing? Hardly. I had found some interesting rumors about the area, and was looking into local folklore and stories."

She paused a moment.

"And you think there was something odd about the fog? I can't say I noticed anything off hand..."
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori

Post by Yuzuru Hoto-Hori »

Ukyou wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:59 pm
Yuzuru Hoto-Hori wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:38 pm
Even through his internal mutterings about the host of this little morning meeting, he heard the disgusting slander of the noble vulpine race. Sharp eyes picked out the speaker and then narrowed.

"Is this what you look like now, little thieving bastard?" He said quietly to himself, probably not knowing it had been out loud.
And added a wink to his grin over his shoulder for some reason before turning back the conversation.
He practically growled in response to the wink.

"Fucking donkey and fucking flappy wise-ass thief. Both fucking deserve each other. Why am I surprised to find them both fucking here.
I am going to roast that fucking crow . . .
Imperial Envoy * Spiritual Defense Force * Chikushudo * Sakkaku

Status: 4.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Honour: Questionable . . . I claim the 5th . . . ok Untrustworthy

NPC run by a :fox: Please PM this account for interactions and not the GMs.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:11 pm
...a hard to understand dialect. Certainly rough around the edges. But she made do.

"Carousing? Hardly. I had found some interesting rumors about the area, and was looking into local folklore and stories."

She paused a moment.

"And you think there was something odd about the fog? I can't say I noticed anything off hand..."
"Eh, don't know 'bout odd, so much," Akutou answers. "Though it seems clingier'n I'm used t' seein'. But then, I ain't from 'round here, so this might be normal f'r this part o' th' world." He shrugs. "Just sayin that fog, gen'rally, makes sound move funny. Stuff as's far away sounds close, an' vice versa.

"But local stories? Anythin' interestin' come up f'r you yet?"
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:15 pm
snip
She didn't want to jump the gun.

"Interesting? Hm... nothing concrete yet, no. This is something I'll need to look into during the daytime I think. Something about a tribe formerly living in these lands, but they disappeared without a trace."

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:47 pm
Han-Hei wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:46 pm
“The Bat here is right. Nah, you shouldn’t worry… I don’t think we met. Besides, I’m not anybody that you should recognize right now.”
Hikaru was a Doji; naturally, he took the correct meaning. He bowed. "Of course, Samurai-san." He said. He would respect her wishes.

He turned, bowing again. He did it a lot; he was quite good at it, actually. "May I introduce Ryoshun Nao-sama, third child of Lord Ryoshun and Lady Nazo." He gave Yukara a significant look.
One Yukara utterly failed to take significance from.

She just nodded. That was the name the girl had given...

Feeling she was expected to say something. She attempted "I'm sure her parents are very proud of her, taking advice from wise Shinsei."
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"That's probably true." she nodded. "Thank you."
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:28 pm
She didn't want to jump the gun.

"Interesting? Hm... nothing concrete yet, no. This is something I'll need to look into during the daytime I think. Something about a tribe formerly living in these lands, but they disappeared without a trace."
"Now, if that ain't a reason t' think there might be somethin' off 'bout the fog," Akutou replies. "An, yeah, I c'n see how that'd be somethin' better done in daylight, e'en if it's wan and occluded."

Saru Ranmaru

Post by Saru Ranmaru »

Otaku wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:19 pm
Otaku crouches comfortably on her heels near the front of the growing group, hands wrapped around a steaming mug of hot liquid which she sips occasionally. She seems largely content to listen and observe the hubbub.
Lingering next to a woman so small both amused and worried the mighty Ranmaru. Although his chest was once again bare, she probably could intuit that it wasn't for the purpose of attracting her attention. He too seemed to be willing to watch all the mingling around him.
Glistening Muscles | Ascendant Swordsman | Yearns for Paradise

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

The Bat being Batty… Glad somethings don’t change.

Han-hei stood quietly observing the Bats for a moment.

“Looks like we got a number of the Kami’s children here.” She looked out over the faces of the crowd.

Genji, Satsuki, Ai, Nao… Who else is coming…
Doji Hikaru wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:47 pm
Hikaru was a Doji; naturally, he took the correct meaning. He bowed. "Of course, Samurai-san." He said. He would respect her wishes.

He turned, bowing again. He did it a lot; he was quite good at it, actually. "May I introduce Ryoshun Nao-sama, third child of Lord Ryoshun and Lady Nazo." He gave Yukara a significant look.
Han-Hei turned to Hikaru.

“Do they really eat lightning and crap thunder? Shoot light-beams out of their eyes? You seem to know them the best.”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Nozomi wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:33 pm

"I... like to think he still is, in his way, and where he is." Admittedly... where he was now, it wasn't somewhere she could touch, now was it? She did seem a little sad. The mountain of a man was someone she missed. "Here's to becoming relics where the grandkids can get the telling of our stories horribly wrong. Chusu would approve of a little embellishment."
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:11 pm
snip
Reo offers a little shake of his head. "The stories about Taoshu...they get me. Oh, he would have liked them, no question. But I was there at the end." Reo pauses. "Some parts are better off unsung. All those others were better than me, and I got away because I limped away with a bum leg and the poison meant my ogre couldn't maul me in time."

"What's going to happen to us when we go? Do we become stories like that? I know Matsu didn't make any friends when some Crane put on a show that diminished her father's sacrifice."

Reo pauses.

"Man
Last edited by Hisomu Reo on Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:37 pm
snip
blink, blink

"Oh, you think the fog and the former inhabitants are related somehow? I take it that's a hunch or something?"

Ohta tilted her head and took another sip of water, sighing after she swallowed.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:51 pm
blink, blink

"Oh, you think the fog and the former inhabitants are related somehow? I take it that's a hunch or something?"

Ohta tilted her head and took another sip of water, sighing after she swallowed.
"Clingy fog an' vanished people? Sounds like th' stories older students tell younger ones t' scare 'em in th' night. So maybe?"

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:52 pm
"I think I heard that the water drown from the village well is safe though, but so far I still have some water left from outside the village." Not much but something, enough to make another batch of tea if needed.

Satsuki listened with great interest to Shang's observations, nodding thoughtfully at points. "Maybe the festivities will come later, as we start the day with something more thought-provoking, mhm?" she suggested with a clever smile. "It sounds like this has given you lots to think about though, can we expect a performance of sorts from you?"
"Hm, the rainwater is safe to drink but not the river water," she nodded on that observational note to herself. It didn't occur to her that both sources might have come from the same place. After all, one came from the Heavens and the other was around on the ground. That distinction was enough for her, for the time being."Now that I think about it, it would make sense that the festivities are more restrained around here, seeing as they have to exercise so much caution around here. What little we're seeing is actually a great offering to the senses if given enough thought."

She offered a bashful smile at the question. "Art is indeed a pervasive element of my domain, which is why I've given it so much appraisal but I'm not so sure that an equal performance such as this one is something that I have in store. I see myself more as a speaking herald but I suppose that's also an art form that could be considered inspirational. I'm a visual artist too when words aren't enough. I do a bit of sketching myself," she said as she looked at her fingers for a moment, perhaps a self-conscious habit to see if anything was showing.
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Han-Hei wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:42 pm
Han-Hei turned to Hikaru.

“Do they really eat lightning and crap thunder? Shoot light-beams out of their eyes? You seem to know them the best.”
"They do not." Hikaru wasn't humorless by any means, but some subjects he was unwilling to joke about. "I would say that in most respects, they are simply more than human. Stronger. Wiser. Even taller." A smile just touched his lips at that.

He looked around, likewise noting the various Kami children about. "Their children seem mostly like the rest of us, although..." He frowned thoughtfully. "While not universally so, many are spiritually gifted." He gave a tiny shrug. "Perhaps it is just a coincidence. Visions of the future were not unheard of in the previous generation, either. Lady Reiko, for instance, or Jiyo Sora-sama."
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Saru Shang wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:02 pm
She offered a bashful smile at the question. "Art is indeed a pervasive element of my domain, which is why I've given it so much appraisal but I'm not so sure that an equal performance such as this one is something that I have in store. I see myself more as a speaking herald but I suppose that's also an art form that could be considered inspirational. I'm a visual artist too when words aren't enough. I do a bit of sketching myself," she said as she looked at her fingers for a moment, perhaps a self-conscious habit to see if anything was showing.
"Really?" Satsuki seemed oblivious of any markings that Shang might bear from her artistic pursuits, but rather very interested. Maybe not unexpected among the Dragon these days. "I'd love to see some of your works some day. This place will no doubt provide you will several interesting vistas, if landscape is what you're interested in? Or is it people? I usually find people more interesting than landscape, to be honest, though," she managed to take a breath in her speech which seemed to be letting loose like water bursting from a dam, "this is a bit more people than I'm used to, to be honest. Kinda cramped and crowdy, yeah?"
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:53 pm
"Clingy fog an' vanished people? Sounds like th' stories older students tell younger ones t' scare 'em in th' night. So maybe?"
"I suppose. My Clan knows enough about the truth behind children's stories to discount that possibility. Would seem a strange place for the Teacher to choose for this if it's dangerous though, wouldn't you think?"

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:29 pm
"I suppose. My Clan knows enough about the truth behind children's stories to discount that possibility. Would seem a strange place for the Teacher to choose for this if it's dangerous though, wouldn't you think?"
Akutou sighs into a "Hell, I don't know. An' I'm gettin' the impression that I'm one o' th' few as don't."