Bayushi Norikage

Re: The Festival Begins! [Event, D1 ME]

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

Han-Hei wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:29 pm
She chuckled and followed him towards a stand, “I think the real question is… can you even have a good time?”
He smirked beneath his mask as they walked over. "Try me."

A short wait in line let him continue a moment. "I went to the forest today, place feels cursed."
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“Feels? Did the trees give you the heebee jeebies?” She asked as she motioned for some food for the pair of them.

“What is it I’m supposed to try, then?”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Musical notes and arrows flying around... no wonder the kids like it.

Of course, Sora's definition of "kids" was pretty broad these days.

He noted Ai's experimental efforts and the sour note with... approval?

Go big or go home, Daughter of Nanzi.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Saru Ranmaru

Post by Saru Ranmaru »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:21 pm
Tae-soo was there with Ha-yeong - the festival was clearly the talk of the whole town, after all. The young one seems as somber as usual, although his eyes shifting from stall to stall suggests the spirit of the festival may not be wholly lost on him. Tae-soo, meanwhile, seems almost to smile now and then, but his eyes shift instead from person to person, and there's some hesitation in his steps.

(OOC: Please PM or quote, I'm awful with these threads...)
Perhaps Tae-soo's eyes would have lingered longer on a man walking around with his torso bared for the world to see. Certainly Ranmaru stopped to look back, though his attention shifted more to the smaller one.

And so, he decided to make his approach. "It's going to be dangerous here," he said. "Where's the... kid's mother?"
Glistening Muscles | Ascendant Swordsman | Yearns for Paradise

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akodo Kenji wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:43 pm
snip
Otaku Xiaochen wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:37 pm
snip
Reiko Ohta wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:27 pm
snip
Akutou has a similar thought.

"Seems folks've met. Any afore yesterday, or're we all new friends here?"
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:34 pm
snip
Akodo Kenji wrote:
snip
Otaku Xiaochen wrote:
snip
"As to me, I met you this morning, and Otaku-san yesterday on the road. I'm afraid this is a first for Akodo-san here though. Hisomu-sama I met fifteen years ago though, yes."
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:45 pm
snip
Akodo Kenji wrote:
snip
Otaku Xiaochen wrote:
snip
Akutou shoots Ohta an arch look briefly. "Met Otaku-san yesterday in th' forest, m'self. An' a pleasure at any time."
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:52 pm
Reiko Ohta wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:45 pm
snip
Akodo Kenji wrote:
snip
Otaku Xiaochen wrote:
snip
Akutou shoots Ohta an arch look briefly. "Met Otaku-san yesterday in th' forest, m'self. An' a pleasure at any time."
"I arrived a bit late, so it's no surprise I've missed most of you." Kenji offered in return. "Still its nice to be getting to know people now."

"Don't always get to see a lot of new faces back at home."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Haka Soju wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:49 pm
And it's no coincidence I've come
And I can die when I'm done...

But maybe I'm crazy
Maybe you're crazy
Maybe we're crazy
Probably..."
Among the musicians, Ayako gaped and momentarily forgot to keep playing her lute, awestruck by Soju's singing. Then she remembered herself and forced herself to count the beats, in order to resume playing with the next measure.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Goju is at the festival.

((PM if you approach))
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Hisomu Goju wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:26 am
Goju is at the festival.

((PM if you approach))
And along came a Spider...

Which suited Sora fine, he liked Reiko and Hisomu's people a great deal.

He ambled over to the younger man and offered a brief bow, but didn't say anything.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:28 am
Hisomu Goju wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:26 am
Goju is at the festival.

((PM if you approach))
And along came a Spider...

Which suited Sora fine, he liked Reiko and Hisomu's people a great deal.

He ambled over to the younger man and offered a brief bow, but didn't say anything.
Goju gave quite the proper bow. "So... Jiyo-sama, it is honor to see you." Goju was going to do his best to not embarrass Hisomu. Though the man unnerved Goju a little. He made him feel like a little boy who got caught with his hand in the cookie drawer.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Hisomu Goju wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:35 am
Goju gave quite the proper bow. "So... Jiyo-sama, it is honor to see you." Goju was going to do his best to not embarrass Hisomu. Though the man unnerved Goju a little. He made him feel like a little boy who got caught with his hand in the cookie drawer.
"And you, Hisomu-san... have we met? You must forgive me, at my age, keeping track of all of you youngsters gets difficult."

Carries:

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:37 am
Hisomu Goju wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:35 am
"And you, Hisomu-san... have we met? You must forgive me, at my age, keeping track of all of you youngsters gets difficult."
Goju doesn't know how to answer that question. "I am Hisomu Goju. Maybe long ago. My parents took me many places, including the Imperial city. But I have definitely heard much about you. My parents were among those who travelled to rescue Hisomu-kami. Though this is a happy festival, so I'd rather not dwell on the past." Goju felt this happiness would not last much longer for the common people. "I hope all is well."

Bayushi Norikage

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

Han-Hei wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:03 pm
“Feels? Did the trees give you the heebee jeebies?” She asked as she motioned for some food for the pair of them.
"It was talking to me, the kind of whispering that makes you think you're crazy."
Han-Hei wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:03 pm
“What is it I’m supposed to try, then?”
"I give a good post bath massage."

He took the skewer and ate about half of it in a bite.
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Akodo Kenji wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:15 am
snip
Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:52 pm
snip
Otaku Xiaochen wrote:
snip
"That makes sense to me. Even a small delay and I wouldn't have been here until today, likely. Now, Akodo-san... I believe you were looking at the Daruma, no?"

She looked over at them herself, curiously. Unlike archery, Ohta had never actually done anything with those. Not at fairs or festivals or at home.
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:07 am
snip
Akodo Kenji wrote:
snip
Otaku Xiaochen wrote:
snip
"Don't recall I've ever done these," Akutou says of the Daruma. "How's it work?"

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:05 am
"I give a good post bath massage."

He took the skewer and ate about half of it in a bite.
“Judging how you’re already rushing the approach.. I can’t help but think that would be a terrible disappointment. Maybe that whispering really did get to your head…” She said with the normal amount of playful mirth.

“But yeah… same story in the graveyard. And rumors of not being able to get out of the woods. Just ending back up where people started.”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:09 am
Reiko Ohta wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:07 am
snip
Akodo Kenji wrote:
snip
Otaku Xiaochen wrote:
snip
"Don't recall I've ever done these," Akutou says of the Daruma. "How's it work?"
"It's easy enough, at least at first glance." Kenji said as he made his way over, his eyes moving to the ki-rin for a moment to see if she would come along.

"The goal of the game is to take a wooden mallet and knock all the the sections out from under the Dauma on top. Without tipping the pile over. " He explained pointing at first the mallet and then the various sections of food. "If it falls you lose."

"Generally you compare how many blocks people remove before it falls to pick a victor."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Akodo Kenji wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:15 am
snip
Otomo Akutou wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:09 am
snip
Otaku Xiaochen wrote:
snip
"Ah... so it's a game of manual dexterity and control as it were? I was worried it would be more childish than that."

Ohta chuckles under her breath, behind a sleeve.

"I suppose there are some tricks to doing it though, so I can't promise it's something that I'll have as much luck with as archery."