Nanzi Ai

Re: The Festival Begins! [Event, D1 ME]

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai played more music, far too busy to notice anything of import.

OOC: Investigation + Perception + Void | 5k4 ⇒ 28 (TN: 35)
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Otaku wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:24 am
snip
Otaku Xiaochen wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:04 am
snip
Akodo Kenji wrote:snip
Reiko Ohta wrote:snip
"Ma'am," is all Akutou is able to get out before the fireworks start, along with a deeper tip of the hat.

And then he has to make a roll in another thread.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

"Eeep!" Shang would cry out at the sudden fireworks display released into the night sky. Well, that wasn't expected. She had heard of these things before but never witnessed them herself. What sort of strange alchemy could make something like this possible? Or was it just some mystic shooting fire into the sky?
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Otaku wrote:
snip
Otaku Xiaochen wrote:
snip
Reiko Ohta wrote:snip
And, amid the fireworks and their tumult, something catches the hunter's eye...
https://sakkaku.org/d10-rolls/10913
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:56 am
snip
Otaku wrote:
snip
Otaku Xiaochen wrote:
snip
Day 1, ME, Games:Daruma/Agility, unskilled, TN20. 5 gets 1 layer knocked out, 10 gets 2 layers, 15 gets 3 layers, 20 gets 4 blocks out, 25+ gets all 6 blocks knocked out and Daruma on the table! | 3k3 ⇒ 12 (TN: 25)
-----------------------------

Ohta bites the bullet an picks up a little hammer.

She manages to get the yellow and white knocked out from under the little beaded figure, but her attempt at the blue one goes awry and the wooden tower falls over. It doesn't help that she has a noticeable shake to her hand as she tries to hold it steady.

"Ah! That is... harder than I thought even."
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:36 am
She slowly stood and moved to the porch, offering Yukara a thankful smile.
Kaiu Tai wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:24 am
She glances around, asking "your mom about then? Imagine she'd at least want to know you're ok after that."
"No. Mom joined dad in meido a few years ago." she said.
They're a ways to the porch while Tai mulls the word over. The kami'd come with their own words and understanding of the other realms; which at least meant that folks across the Empire were starting to find the places their beliefs dovetailed into that common language. But...oh...

"Sorry to hear it, Nao. I hope their path was smooth and they're well-remembered by the clan."

She glances out to the flash of more fireworks--really marvelous things, those. Ridiculously dangerous just to have something pretty in the sky. The sense of *something* off and the spectacle above momentarily distract her from wondering who *is* in charge of the kid if her parents are dead.
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

What is this smell?

Han-Hei became quiet sitting next to Norikage and straightened her posture.

Something smelled off… literally.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:26 am
The porch was surprisingly clear.

Yukara had swept aside her own clutter, making space, and then stepped to the side.

She could be a considerate sentinel, albeit a creepy one.
Ryoshun Nao wrote:
She slowly stood and moved to the porch, offering Yukara a thankful smile.

"No. Mom joined dad in meido a few years ago." she said.
Kaiu Tai wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:55 pm
"Sorry to hear it, Nao. I hope their path was smooth and they're well-remembered by the clan."

She glances out to the flash of more fireworks--really marvelous things, those. Ridiculously dangerous just to have something pretty in the sky. The sense of *something* off and the spectacle above momentarily distract her from wondering who *is* in charge of the kid if her parents are dead.
As they helped Nao to sit, Satsuki noticed Yukara and gave them a nod of appreciation. It was good to see that someone from the Bat was here to look after Nao.

"She came to the village on her own, to see everyone gathered here," she explained to Tai in a gentle tone as she let Nao lean against her. It gave her the opportunity to check for any bumps, scrapes, or bruises from the incident. "Without telling her siblings." Now the tone was a touch more admonishing.

"You're a good person, helping her out like this," Satsuki noted to Tai with great appreciation and relief. "I've seen people shun those who suffer from this illness."
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrinkled her nose and set down her lute. "Please excuse me," she said to the other musicians as she rose to her feet. "I ... I just need some air."

Standing up, the Crab looked around to see if she could discern the origin of the sharp smell.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:37 pm
snip
Otaku wrote:
snip
Otaku Xiaochen wrote:
snip
...or rather, his nose.

Akutou interrupts play to ask "Any o' y'all smell that? Like turned dirt an' cut grass or somesuch?"

Canary

Post by Canary »

As the revelry continues and the drinks flow freely, you can detect a growing sense of cheerfulness and euphoria in the crowd. As the crowd's energy rises, a single female voice, that of the shamisen player, pierces the crowd with her singing.

"We can choose the way of our future
Try a brand new path, we can change the world
We can change the woooooorld...!"

The drums kick up, and then the rest of the instruments, and the people near them start to dance, followed by others. The air practically vibrates with excitement.

[Everyone please roll Earth TN 25]
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai played her songs even as her soul was... tormented.

OOC: Earth roll +Void Protect my soul! | 4k4 ⇒ 19 (TN: 25)
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:05 pm
Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
<snip>
Ryoshun Nao wrote:
<snip>
As they helped Nao to sit, Satsuki noticed Yukara and gave them a nod of appreciation. It was good to see that someone from the Bat was here to look after Nao.

"She came to the village on her own, to see everyone gathered here," she explained to Tai in a gentle tone as she let Nao lean against her. It gave her the opportunity to check for any bumps, scrapes, or bruises from the incident. "Without telling her siblings." Now the tone was a touch more admonishing.

"You're a good person, helping her out like this," Satsuki noted to Tai with great appreciation and relief. "I've seen people shun those who suffer from this illness."
Tai frowns, a bit at learning this one came traveling alone, a bit at the odd smell. Bitter leaves and earth strong enough to cut through all the scents of food and massed people. Her nose wrinkles as she looks to their lurker a bit suspiciously, but no...not from there.

"Nobody should be travelin' alone these days. Especially with that kind of illness. Too easy for folks to see madness and danger." Her dark on dark eyes track across the porch and out to the crowd. "Folks don't always take well to how the earth's marked me either. Guess the strange'll take care of the strange."

Head lifting, she breathes deeper to try analyzing the scent. "Anyone else smell that?"
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Kaiu Tai wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:22 pm
Head lifting, she breathes deeper to try analyzing the scent. "Anyone else smell that?"
Ayako wrinkled her nose again and covered her face with her kimono sleeve, managing to avoid the worst of the effect.

"I smell it too, Auntie," she replied, moving to stand near Tai. "I think ... I think something is wrong."

D1 ME Festival Begins, raw Earth + Void Point | 5k5 ⇒ 46 (TN: 25)
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

As the event began to pick up tempo, Yukara was not drawn into the feverish dance.

If anything, she recoiled slightly, the noise and chaos making her ill at ease... and bringing to mind other less pleasant memories.

(pass)
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

The odd smell caught the cheesemaker's nose. A smell that seemed to be out of place...

He was making his way to lady Chouri's side when the drums and the dance began.
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Kaiu Tai wrote:
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:05 pm
Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
<snip>
"I'm not sure there's anywhere that's safe, really."

She looked to Tai, then to Yukara, oblivious of anything else that might be happening.

"The Bat, part of our duty is to tend to spirits and see them to their proper place. I'm not a spirit guide, like my sister, but I do have a different way of interacting with spirits and learning what's happening in the other realms. For the most part, I've just been trying to gather information. Trying to better understand the whole story." she explained. "That's why I came when I heard of so many others traveling this way. The story of what happens here, whatever that may be, needs to be remembered and told to others."
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:10 pm
"The Bat, part of our duty is to tend to spirits and see them to their proper place. I'm not a spirit guide, like my sister, but I do have a different way of interacting with spirits and learning what's happening in the other realms. For the most part, I've just been trying to gather information. Trying to better understand the whole story." she explained. "That's why I came when I heard of so many others traveling this way. The story of what happens here, whatever that may be, needs to be remembered and told to others."
"Well, you're here now, alright. Try to take it easy," she patted Nao's head.
Kaiu Tai wrote:
Satsuki didn't notice anything wrong. Sure there were lots of unfamiliar scents in the village - some nice some not - but nothing stood out to her. The increased music was pounding in her head like an impending migraine.

"No... I don't think I do? What is it?" Her nerves felt on edge now.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Those who failed their Earth Roll feel a sense of being upbeat and energized. Must be the party atmosphere.

Those who succeeded at their Perception roll may make a Medicine/Intelligence, Hunting (Survival)/Intelligence, or Lore: Nature/Intelligence roll at TN 35 to identify the scent here.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Resist the Dance, Earth Roll | 3k3 ⇒ 19 (TN: 25)

Reo feels an extra pep in his step. It must be from showing off to the young ones.
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade