Kaijarisuigyo

Fatigue rules

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Fatigued – A character that goes without rest for 24 hours suffers a +5 TN penalty to all their Skill rolls, physical Trait rolls, and Spell Casting Rolls until they rest. This penalty increases by an additional +5 for every day that passes without rest. After a number of days equal to the character's Stamina Trait, they must begin making Willpower Trait Rolls at TN20 every two hours to avoid falling asleep. A fatigued character may not take the Full Attack Stance.

Ref: 4th ed Core Book, page 89

Note that, technically, being Fatigued should increase the TN of the Meditation roll of the next day if the same rule applies every day, thus quickly reaching impossibly high TN. I suppose the part about Willpower rolls is irrelevant in the current context as it would kinda defeat the purpose of the curse.
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Kaiu Tai

Re: Fatigue rules

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:48 pm
Fatigued – A character that goes without rest for 24 hours suffers a +5 TN penalty to all their Skill rolls, physical Trait rolls, and Spell Casting Rolls until they rest. This penalty increases by an additional +5 for every day that passes without rest. After a number of days equal to the character's Stamina Trait, they must begin making Willpower Trait Rolls at TN20 every two hours to avoid falling asleep. A fatigued character may not take the Full Attack Stance.

Note that, technically, being Fatigued should increase the TN of the Meditation roll of the next day if the same rule applies every day, thus quickly reaching impossibly high TN. I suppose the part about Willpower rolls is irrelevant in the current context as it would kinda defeat the purpose of the curse.
Or the curse is eventually self limiting as you fall asleep in your soup unexpectedly.
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Canary

Post by Canary »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:

Indeed. It is, unfortunately, not the sort of natural fatigue that will let you fall asleep.

That said, the MEditation roll's TN also doesn't increase, because all slots are part of the same event.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Canary wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:48 pm
Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
That said, the Meditation roll's TN also doesn't increase, because all slots are part of the same event.
I think the increasing Meditation TNs means day by day. Like with Fatigue, Night day 2-3 would be a TN 30 rather than TN 25 for Meditation to fall asleep. Then TN 35 for night 3-4, TN40 night 4-5, etc.

Which is "You already failed, this is going to become harder and harder to succeed".
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Canary

Post by Canary »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:16 pm
I think the increasing Meditation TNs means day by day. Like with Fatigue, Night day 2-3 would be a TN 30 rather than TN 25 for Meditation to fall asleep. Then TN 35 for night 3-4, TN40 night 4-5, etc.

Which is "You already failed, this is going to become harder and harder to succeed".
Ahhh, make sense.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."