Ukyou

Re: OOc Chat 4: The Game Begins

Post by Ukyou »

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:53 pm
1. A stick.
2. Another stick.
3. Hoto-Hori shouting "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu . . . " at maximum volume.
1. Steal something shiny from your love interest and reflect the stars in it.
2. Set something on fire. Fire is shiny! Preferably something of theirs.
3. Tap a shiny thing against an even shiner thing. Especially if they're not yours. Improves the sound quality.
Monk • Mischievous • Likes Birds

Played by GM Canary

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Doji Hikaru has been chosen and given three quests to complete, to show his spirit, heart, and soul, to be worthy for marriage. He must show his completion of these tasks within four days.

First, he must hold the stars in the palm of his hand.
Second, he must show the strength of fire.
Third and lastly, he must create the most sublime sound.
Evil Uncle Chaperone Powers Activate

:evil:

I SUMMON THE COUNCIL OF OLD STICKS IN THE MUD.

Lady Anjing shall have first watch, I shall take second, and Lady Makime shall have third.

And we will all be armed.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

hold some fireworks.
Shoot those fireworks.
See above.

???

Profit.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:22 am

Evil Uncle Chaperone Powers Activate

:evil:

I SUMMON THE COUNCIL OF OLD STICKS IN THE MUD.

Lady Anjing shall have first watch, I shall take second, and Lady Makime shall have third.

And we will all be armed.
We shall chaperone in the village, we shall chaperone in camp and on farmland, we shall chaperone at the festival, we shall chaperone at even the most inconvenient moments, and we shall never remove our sticks from the mud.
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Makes me glad I'm not on the market.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

And in the years to come, they will say this was their chaste-est hour.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Anjing wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:31 am
We shall chaperone in the village, we shall chaperone in camp and on farmland, we shall chaperone at the festival, we shall chaperone at even the most inconvenient moments, and we shall never remove our sticks from the mud.
So swears the Codger Compact
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

And this is how the old codgers got to knocking boots late at night.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Akodo Kenji wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:45 am
And this is how the old codgers got to knocking boots late at night.
Do want to be incinerated by the sheer intensity of Makime's glare?

Because that's how you get incinerated by the sheer intensity of Lady Makime's glare.

(Plus if you even hint to Sora that he might cheat on his wife, he will do Very Bad Things to you involving leeches, rock salt, and rusty knives)

Carries:

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Hey!

I'm not the one making pacts with women when I'm already promised to another!
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

I see the leeches, rock salt, and rusty knives will also need to be accompanied by my singing.

Carries:

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

You add in the singing, and I might start to think you're interested in courting me too.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Otaku wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:16 am
Otaku clicks her tongue and sends Tsubame into a charge at the smaller wolf. She aims a sword cut at the big one in passing, but it glances harmlessly off the heavy slime-slicked coat--never mind that, as Tsubame's charge carries the weight of both armored horse and rider down on the guard wolf. They trample clean over it and keep going a few feet further before Tsubame sheds enough momentum to turn back to the fight.
A few universes over, Yogo Junzo winces in sympathy.

Carries:

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

*looks at Sora's nightmare roll*

I see the Shochu worked.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

I'm going to bask in that number because it's never happening again :lol:

EDIT:

And I love everything about this:
Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:18 am

Carries:

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:20 am
Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:18 am
I'm in this image, and I don't like it.
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Eh. My personal favorite so far is Clouded by Thoughts, mostly because this is the only card where I feel like there's an actual flavor/illustration/effect synergy without the various texts being one million words each. Brevity is the soul of wit.

My second favorite is Sleep Deprived Madness, that's almost there, but not exactly.
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Insufficient Godzilla, can only award a silver medal at best.

Carries:

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:12 pm
Purposeful grimace -or- terrible sound, but not both?

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Purposeful grimace -or- terrible sound, but not both?
Mayhaps it's the helpless people on a subway train screaming "my god" as he looks in on them?
AGM | Birb | Chonky | Floooooofy | Sub-Contractor of Horror | Experienced?

I charge by the anxiety attack.