Hisomu Tadaka

Re: The Festival Begins! [Event, D1 ME]

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

As others began to become more enraptured by the music, Goju was was umoved. This peasant music was average at best.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:01 pm
The odd smell caught the cheesemaker's nose. A smell that seemed to be out of place...

He was making his way to lady Chouri's side when the drums and the dance began.
Chouri takes his hand and gets up with a bright smile, pulling him into the dancing crowd to join together.
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:30 pm
"I don't know, but I'm feeling better." She smiled, feeling a surge of energy.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

There was no energy surge for Han-Hei, just that damn earthy smell that she couldn’t identify.

She looked over to Norikage to check his reaction and see if he would offer any insight…
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:09 pm
Reiko Ohta wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:37 pm
snip
Otaku wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:24 am
snip
Otaku Xiaochen wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:04 am
snip
Akodo Kenji wrote:snip
...or rather, his nose.

Akutou interrupts play to ask "Any o' y'all smell that? Like turned dirt an' cut grass or somesuch?"
"No." Kenji replies after taking a moment to test the air. Of course, he had been more than a little distracted by the fireworks as well as Ohta's attempt at the Daruma game. They the music hit and the lion started bobbing along to the beat, he wasn't dancing but it was obvious he was having a good time.

"Who's next?"
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

This was a party a chance to let loose and dance like no one is watching!

OOC: Dance like no one is watching! | 3k3 ⇒ 20 (TN: 15)
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Bayushi Norikage

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

Han-Hei wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:24 pm
There was no energy surge for Han-Hei, just that damn earthy smell that she couldn’t identify.

She looked over to Norikage to check his reaction and see if he would offer any insight…
For his part, Norikage was grinning from ear to ear. "That smell is awful, ain't it?" He used a bit of his tribal accent for once. "Still don't feel like dancin' it out of my system, but I could use another skewer for sure." He chomped the last and let out a satisfied sigh.
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Makime

Post by Makime »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:19 am
Snip
Hisomu Goju wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:07 pm
Snip
No...no it wasn't the fireworks. It was...the stench. And then people started dancing.

"What in the absolute fuck is this boar shit?" Was not what one expected from the Makime daimyo, but there it was.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Makime wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:04 pm
No...no it wasn't the fireworks. It was...the stench. And then people started dancing.

"What in the absolute fuck is this boar shit?" Was not what one expected from the Makime daimyo, but there it was.

Ai danced toward the daimyo and said, "Join us Makime-sama, show us the strategic uses of dance in the battle field!"

"The dance floor is our battle field!"
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

The foul stench was alien to Ayako’s experience. It was no herb nor plant that she was familiar with. It was the scent of …. evil.

"NO! Don't dance!" the younger Crab cried out, over the sound of the music. "Something's wrong! We're under attack!"

D1 ME Festival Begins, Identify scent, Hunting/Intelligence, +5 TN (Displaced) | 3k2 ⇒ 26 (TN: 40) no idea, but going to panic anyway!
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Nao giggled. "This is fun!"
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Makime

Post by Makime »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:16 pm
Snip
Makime looked at the dancing Crane. "I don't compare children's games and war, girl. I suggest you consider what Lady Doji and Lord Nanzi would say if they saw you in such a state."

Her attention shifted to everyone else around her. "There is something very wrong about this. I don't know what but I'll find out. This is getting out of hand fast."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

“Now you are getting it, dance… dance away the darkness, dance and feel the energy of creation pour through you Nao-chan! Everyone dance… move yourself… this is ecstasy!” she says aloud to all around.

To Makime she responded with her hips, which never lied.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:52 pm
For his part, Norikage was grinning from ear to ear. "That smell is awful, ain't it?" He used a bit of his tribal accent for once. "Still don't feel like dancin' it out of my system, but I could use another skewer for sure." He chomped the last and let out a satisfied sigh.
“You go ahead and enjoy your meat…” She said in a distracted tone as she watched the Doji princess fully commit to the merrymaking.
Nanzi Ai wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:16 pm
Is this you trying to prove you’re still fun?
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Canary

Post by Canary »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:24 pm
The foul stench was alien to Ayako’s experience. It was no herb nor plant that she was familiar with. It was the scent of …. evil.

"NO! Don't dance!" the younger Crab cried out, over the sound of the music. "Something's wrong! We're under attack!"

D1 ME Festival Begins, Identify scent, Hunting/Intelligence, +5 TN (Displaced) | 3k2 ⇒ 26 (TN: 40) no idea, but going to panic anyway!
One of the villagers looks around. "It just looks like dancing... Are you okay, samurai-sama?"
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Chouri wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:09 pm
Chouri takes his hand and gets up with a bright smile, pulling him into the dancing crowd to join together.
...but the smell...

He will ask later, probably some kind of incense. Years of field and administrative work for an agricultural reform that ended up being akin to a fledgeling bulwark against famine had left him far more drained then he had realised.

She was beautiful, true enough, but it was the light in her eyes that was irresistible

''I am not the best of dancers, lady Chouri, you might want to watch your feet'' he said with an awkward yet joyful smile
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara once again gripped her bisento, but remained silent, the noise and chaos setting her on edge.

She would defend these sane ones beside her, so long as they remained so, if it was dangerous, if not... she would remain out of the way and avoid spoiling the party. Her instincts were in turmoil now, one part of her feeling danger, the other seeing no threat to address.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:19 am
Snip
Makime wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:34 pm
Snip
Nanzi Ai wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:36 pm
Snip
Watching the Doji with concern, Goju nods his head in agreement to the Lion daimyo.

Goju can't think of anything relating to Jigoku that this might be a part of, but it wasn't his area of speciality
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Now this was a party worthy of a party girl, call her a stick in the mud… Ai could be completely fun and decided to find a barrel and sit and begin playing something completely experimental and off the wall but somehow it worked…

Somehow.

"All this runnin' around,
I can't fight it much longer,
Something's trying to get out,
And it's never been closer,
If my Destiny fails,
Make up some other story,
But if I never come back,
Then tell Father I'm sorry!"

Killer bridge as she started going hard on the shamisen.

"Baby, now I'm ready, moving on
Oh but maybe I was ready all along
Oh I'm ready for the moment and the sound
Baby, now I'm ready, moving on
Oh I'm ready for the moment and the sound
Oh but maybe I was ready all along..."

OOC: Shamisen power! | 5k3 ⇒ 23 (TN: 15)
Last edited by Nanzi Ai on Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Canary wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:55 pm
One of the villagers looks around. "It just looks like dancing... Are you okay, samurai-sama?"
"There's something in the air," the Crab samurai insisted. "Something.... foul."

Ayako sounded a little shrill, even to herself. Was she... overreacting? No, it must be the others that are wrong!
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa